Bionic just died?

KSTYLEZ

Reaction score
Went to grab my phone this AM. Battery was dead I assume, as I had not plugged it in overnight.

Plug in. By the time I get done with the shower routine, when I punch the on button I get a charging status screen.

OK. Get to work, plug her in.

I power it up, and from what I recall it began the usual reboot screens, Motorla, etc.

I come back a while later and there is a notification that it has new updates ready for download, and that it will need to shut the phone off to complete them. OK, cool. I agree.

Hour or two later its just a blank screen. I attept to power it back up, nothing. Another hour goes by. Nothing. I pull the battery, try and restart. Nothing.

Walk by a few minutes later and it shows its updating. Cool!

another hour. dead. pull batt. retry. Nothing.

It's just dead now. The charging LED lights up. That's about it. Is there any kind of a reset procedure for me?

This SUCKS. Thing is like 2-3 weeks old... but I bought from a private party who had owned it for some time...

I washed my original 2 month old Bionic. I suck.

OP
K

KSTYLEZ

Reaction score
Well, it was definitely plugged in at the time. It had to be up to 35 % or more.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
pull battery unplug .. put battery back in hod volume up and down button to see if you can boot into bootloader.. if so we can likely fix ya :)
if not try diffrent battery or external charger.. or if your feeling up to it make a factory cable . or if you think you can get lucky leave it plugged in and alone for a few hours (like until morning )

welsalex

Reaction score
KSTYLEZ said:
Well, it was definitely plugged in at the time. It had to be up to 35 % or more.

Recommended that you are above 80% when installing an update otherwise the battery will die during the process. The battery doesn't charge during the update process. From what I understand there is software involved in charging the battery.

OP
K

KSTYLEZ

Reaction score
Recommended that you are above 80% when installing an update otherwise the battery will die during the process.
oh. fudge. I did not know that... :(

I tried removing batt, reinstalling it, and then holding the vol up and down. Nothing. Do I need to be hitting the power button at same time?

OP
K

KSTYLEZ

Reaction score
Hmmm... Might just have to make me one of those.

OP
K

KSTYLEZ

Reaction score
Yeah. All of I've got (that are sacrificable at the moment) are micros... Got it all opened up. The how-to on here shows a mini. So it looks substantially different. I'd have to say tho, there's only one unused tab. So I guess just jumper that to the red. I'll let ya know if I make any smoke!

OP
K

KSTYLEZ

Reaction score
Well, she worked. The cable is janky as hell... But she powered right up and appears to be completing the updates.

DSCF2576+_Medium_.JPG

Although it kinda keeps going back and forth between the Motorola Dual Core Screen and the little file transfer screen shown here

josh1980

Reaction score
Although it kinda keeps going back and forth between the Motorola Dual Core Screen and the little file transfer screen shown here

What's probably happening is it gets enough power to bootup, starts to bootup and then realizes it needs to update. Update process begins and the battery dies.

OP
K

KSTYLEZ

Reaction score
Just as an update, it took a while and did get the updates done. All is well in Bionic world for me.

Thanx all!!!

segordon

Reaction score
Just a note that might help someone who is having problems with the phone not turning on.

When I was in AC in July my wife accidentally ran my phone dead while we were out. Once I got back to the hotel I plugged it in to the charger and went to bed. When I got up in the morning I went to turn it on but it wouldn't. I noticed when I would plug it in that the led would go white then go out. For the life of me it would not turn on. Tried pulling the battery and sim card and nothing worked. I thought it was dead. But when I got out to the car I thought to try the car charger. And guess what, it started to charge right away. I'm not sure if it was just luck or not but it worked. Maybe it will work for someone else to.