Screen dead, except backlight

MatsuTuri

Reaction score
But its still booting up. Is there anyway I can get the screen to reload? Anyone else have this problem? Touch screen still works, just nothing is displayed.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I'd take it to a verizon store if a battery pull doesn't fix it. Most likely a hardware issue. Didn't get it wet did you? Sounds like typical lcd response to a shorted connection from getting wet.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Let it charge a few hours. A low battery can cause this. Sometimes the battery can go down pretty quick. Make sure the white LED is lit up next to the cord in the phone and you are plugged into a wall outlet, not the computer, to charge. Let us know how you make out.

Mudd92

Reaction score
Hate to bump an old thread but maybe i can get help. I actully have the X on order, but it wont be here until after 9/5.. so im SOL on a droid.

i dropped mine onto a foam mat and the thing died, after a few hours i was able to get it back up and running fine. But my screen is dead. If you use a flashlight its all there and works just fine. But the part that lights it up is dead.

Does anyone know where I can get the part to fix it, or any tips to get it working!! this lg chocolate sucks big time.