Screen Brightness issue

Hawks

Reaction score
So I just overclocked my droid using Taz's Kernel. I applied the wifi fix and everything is working great except that now my screen never dims. It stays at full brightness all of the time. I tried searching for a solution but didnt see anything. Does anyone have any idea on how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance

bamaboy165

Reaction score
Have you tried adding the power bar widget to your home screen and see what that does?

OP
H

Hawks

Reaction score
Have you tried adding the power bar widget to your home screen and see what that does?

I have the toggle settings ap and it shows that my screen is set at the lowest brightness level but just to check I tries using the slider to make the screen brighter and that didint work. I also went into the settings on my phone and tried to adjut the brightness and that didnt work either. I did try adding the power bar widget and nothing!

Thanks for the help though

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
So I just overclocked my droid using Taz's Kernel. I applied the wifi fix and everything is working great except that now my screen never dims. It stays at full brightness all of the time. I tried searching for a solution but didnt see anything. Does anyone have any idea on how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance

Most times this works. Go into settings: sounds and display: and toggle the auto brightness on and off. If that doesn't work it could be the kernel, I'm not familiar with Taz's kernels.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

I have the toggle settings ap and it shows that my screen is set at the lowest brightness level but just to check I tries using the slider to make the screen brighter and that didint work. I also went into the settings on my phone and tried to adjut the brightness and that didnt work either. I did try adding the power bar widget and nothing!

What ROM are you running BTW? or are you just overclocked?

OP
H

Hawks

Reaction score

What ROM are you running BTW? or are you just overclocked?

I 'm on one of the old 2.1 Roms. I'd be lying to say I remember which one. anyway I can see which version it is on my phone?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If you're on an old version of 2.1, I'm assuming ported from the N1 I would flash a new ROM. Either Bugless Beast or Simply Stunning, as both of these are based off the 2.1 made for the Droid. That will fix your autobrightness for sure.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I 'm on one of the old 2.1 Roms. I'd be lying to say I remember which one. anyway I can see which version it is on my phone?

menukey
settings
about phone
scroll down to look at firmware version, kernel version, build number

OP
H

Hawks

Reaction score
thanks all

Said the hell with it and went with Ultimate Droid.. It kicks A$$.

Thanks for everyone's help!!!