Droid X display stuck on full brightness

greg126

Reaction score
Had been able to dim out of the box, now it seems to be stuck on full brightness. This in not just an autodim issue. Powerbar settting can be changed but don't seem to have an effect. Added Dimmer ap which says its reducing from 30 to 10 but again no noticeable dimming. On custom battery management dimming settings the current dimming bar at the very bottom has no slider if that means anything.

Fairly new so I've been fooling around a lot, figure I installed something or got fed something that messed it up. Any idea how to fix?

3club

Reaction score
Me too

Same problem here. Any solutions yet?

I've tried the backlight! App, but no matter what I choose, the screen might dim for a fraction of a second, and then go right back to max again.

I'd like to get it back to normal behavior without needing an app.

OP
G

greg126

Reaction score
Same problem here. Any solutions yet?

I've tried the backlight! App, but no matter what I choose, the screen might dim for a fraction of a second, and then go right back to max again.

I'd like to get it back to normal behavior without needing an app.

Haven't seen any, I'd be happy if there was an ap that would resolve the issue.....

3club

Reaction score
maybe a fix

Try this. Reboot the phone into ClockWork Recovery. Delete the cache, then under advanced, also delete the Dalvik cache. Mine seems to be fixed for now, but I only did it ea few hours ago, so we'll see if it lasts.