Screebl or Keepscreen?

shugknight

Reaction score
What's your preference and why? I've tried both.

I liked Screebl, but I kept hearing how it drains the battery.

I'm currently using Keepscreen, but basically when I chose which applications I wanted KeepScreen to work on, I realized that it was mostly all the Apps I would use on a daily basis, so I figured if the screen stays on for all the apps I used, it basically becomes useless.

So what's your preference?

bennyj

Reaction score
I prefer screeble. I like that I can just set it up once and it works on all apps the same. I also have locale and screeble has a plugin for locale.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
when youre batterys almost dead go into battery usage and look to see exactly how much screebl is using. i doubt its very much at all

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's your preference and why? I've tried both.

I liked Screebl, but I kept hearing how it drains the battery.

I'm currently using Keepscreen, but basically when I chose which applications I wanted KeepScreen to work on, I realized that it was mostly all the Apps I would use on a daily basis, so I figured if the screen stays on for all the apps I used, it basically becomes useless.

So what's your preference?

I suppose that Screebl might "drain the battery" if you kept the Droid in a "screen on" (i.e. vertical) state for extended periods, but that would mean (presumably) that you want the screen to stay on. Otherwise, it obviously saves the battery drain associated with keeping the display lighted when the phone isn't being used. That comes at a minimal price of monitoring the horizontal position of the phone. Since the display is the single most "battery draining" feature of the phone, it's a beneficial tradeoff.