Screebl -- seems like a nice app - BUT- pocket problem?

roydroid

Reaction score
So I got Screebl Pro off "amazon free app of the day". For those who don't know, Screebl keeps your screen active at preset angles - so that your phone doesn't turn off when you are using it, but will shut down when you lay it down.

It seems like a really well thought out app, and it does what it says. People are saying they save battery life with it, and talk about it like it is remarkable. Wondering if anyone out there has practical experience with it and can answer this question:

My basic problem / question with the app is that 80% of the time when I am not using my phone I am putting it down, and Screebl takes care of this by sensing it and shutting down screen quickly. Thats good. But the other times when I am walking around, if I am not using my phone it is in my pocket. In my tests, Screebl is going to keep that screen on forever in my pocket. And for people who use belt clips I would guess the same problem. So I am sort of luke warm on this app, and wondering if there is a setting that I am missing in preferences that would make my pocket problem go away.

swormuth

Reaction score
Agreed - No Good During Movement

I keep my phone in a cupholder of the work van all day. Doesn't shut off in that case either. This app only has a use if the phone goes from your hand to the nightstand. Might be better if the app had a quick enable/disable widget... For the moment, I froze the app and will watch for updates.

So I got Screebl Pro off "amazon free app of the day". For those who don't know, Screebl keeps your screen active at preset angles - so that your phone doesn't turn off when you are using it, but will shut down when you lay it down.

It seems like a really well thought out app, and it does what it says. People are saying they save battery life with it, and talk about it like it is remarkable. Wondering if anyone out there has practical experience with it and can answer this question:

My basic problem / question with the app is that 80% of the time when I am not using my phone I am putting it down, and Screebl takes care of this by sensing it and shutting down screen quickly. Thats good. But the other times when I am walking around, if I am not using my phone it is in my pocket. In my tests, Screebl is going to keep that screen on forever in my pocket. And for people who use belt clips I would guess the same problem. So I am sort of luke warm on this app, and wondering if there is a setting that I am missing in preferences that would make my pocket problem go away.

Mohawk3

Reaction score
I purchased Screebl Pro from the market a while ago. I like using it a lot. I made sure that I adjusted the preferences for portrait and landscape angles of operation so that if it is close to standing straight up or being flat like it may be at times in my pocket, it will still shut off at I believe the 5 or 15 second interval I have my phone shut off at if Screeble Pro isn't operating. I'm also in the habit of hitting the button at the top of my droid to put the screen to sleep when I'm not using it. Also my lock is set to come on immediately after the screen goes dark. If the phone is locked in my pocket and it comes on for a second, Screebl Pro won't work (at least on my Droid) while the lock is engaged still. I don't ever work about it causing major battery loss.

wlemammoth

Reaction score
You could always turn the screen off before you put it in your pocket, Screebl wont turn it back on. One of the best apps I own, Screebl rules!

Last edited: