school

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Tonik said:
If you are using the school districts wireless to listen to that music we have no choice....federal law we have to keep you safe from the internets. It's a felony if I know you are surfing 'bad' stuff and I don't stop you. But there is no real definition of what 'bad' is. It's a messed up situation.

Umm not true actually, they block music playing websites.. We're playing this music off our phone itself, the downloaded songs we have. What you then have is a good chance of a conspiracy. For example, if someone were to be listening to a band like The Beatles. I know The Beatles don't have any profanity, but you get a band like them and find a song that does have profanity, that would go viral... "Student told to change song while listening to ________!!"

And keep in mind that I mean even when we're wearing headphones they'll ask us what song we're listening to, it doesn't matter if anyone else can hear it. If they see you with headphones they *WILL* stop to ask what you're listening to and ask if there's profanity.

whomhead

Reaction score
Back when I was senior if they saw you with a phone they took it.

Back when I was in school, the only people with cell phones were doctors, the rich kid with one mounted in his Iroc-Z and Zach Morris.

I think I was 21 or 22 when I got my first phone. It was a TracFone and I paid like $1.00/min.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Makes me feel old all the "back when" stories lol.

Sent from the "Angry 6er" via Tapatalk

blwn327

Reaction score
Haha!that's awesome"Iroc-Z and Zack Morris"We just watched Bill & Teds excellent adventure and was funny explaining a telephone booth to my 12 year old and told her I had a pager in school. "Pager?" She said lol. Enjoy your senior year

Tonik

Reaction score
Umm not true actually, they block music playing websites.

As they should, we do to. We also block You Tube for students. Just can't afford the bandwidth so we do our best to reserve it for education related items.

Tonik

Reaction score
.... no computers in HS!

When I took Computer Science at Michigan State we used punch cards. Had to walk to the the computer center and sit there and write our programs (fortran) on punch cards then hand them in so the computer techs could feed them into the computer.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tonik said:
When I took Computer Science at Michigan State we used punch cards. Had to walk to the the computer center and sit there and write our programs (fortran) on punch cards then hand them in so the computer techs could feed them into the computer.

That's doing way to much!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Moving to off topic..

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Same here at SDSU.

The year I graduated from HS, the Hamilton Pulsar (the first digital watch) came out. It used LEDs, showed hours, minutes and seconds and cost $2,100 (about $11,400 in today's dollars).

In college, pocket calculators were big. A TI Scientific cost about $125.