Sapphire 1.1.1 same Flash Player problems as other ROMs...

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
Just to note: I found a way to fix it. I have posted an update.zip patch for ShadowRom. You can pretty much use it for any rom. Just be sure you replace the build.prop in my ZIP with your Rom's, plus the above mentioned ro.media.enc lines.

I told you it was more than just a build.prop issue ;) turned out to be libs.

captdroid

Reaction score
Just to note: I found a way to fix it. I have posted an update.zip patch for ShadowRom. You can pretty much use it for any rom. Just be sure you replace the build.prop in my ZIP with your Rom's, plus the above mentioned ro.media.enc lines.

I told you it was more than just a build.prop issue ;) turned out to be libs.

Thanks very much Billy! :)

captdroid

Reaction score
One of the files in your update.zip to fix the slow mo is libaudioflinger.so which is also modified for the DSP/EQ built into Sapphire I believe. I wonder if this fix adversely affects the DSP/EQ. Also I wonder if after applying this fix for Flash the audio streaming problem encountered when playing Pandora is still fixed.

captdroid

Reaction score
Yea same here. Garbled sound on some flash content. Sapphire 1.1.1 w/latest Adobe Flash player from the market.

This problem was fixed with Flash Player 10.1 version 10.1.95.2 update from the market. No more garbled sound. No hacked configuration. Sapphire 1.1.1 out of the box.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yet another case where people try to blame X or Y ROM, where in reality the issue is with a 3rd party app; in this case Adobe's Flash.

captdroid

Reaction score
Yet another case where people try to blame X or Y ROM, where in reality the issue is with a 3rd party app; in this case Adobe's Flash.

Yep, I was reading over in the Ultimate Droid forum and Black Droid said that Adobe or Google would have to fix the problem. So I never applied the hack and waited. Sure enough Adobe released a update a few days back and fixed. I also read different places the issue was not really Stagefright so IMO all fingers were pointing to Adobe :) Glad Adobe fixed the problem with flash!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yep, I was reading over in the Ultimate Droid forum and Black Droid said that Adobe or Google would have to fix the problem. So I never applied the hack and waited. Sure enough Adobe released a update a few days back and fixed. I also read different places the issue was not really Stagefright so IMO all fingers were pointing to Adobe :) Glad Adobe fixed the problem with flash!

Glad to see this problem was resolved..

Sent from my Droid