Samsung To Issue A Global Galaxy Note 7 Recall

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Co3cL9fXEAAuvA7.jpg

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Samsung will issue a global recall of the Galaxy Note 7 smartphone as soon as this weekend. Investigation on explosion claims found batteries were at fault, according to South Korea’s Yonhap News.

Samsung Electronics declined to comment on the report on Friday, but said it was conducting an inspection with suppliers.

“We will share the findings as soon as possible. Samsung is fully committed to providing the highest quality products to our consumers,” the company said in a statement".

Shipments of the Galaxy Note 7 smartphone were delayed in South Korea this week for extra quality control testing. The move came after reports that batteries in some of the smartphones exploded while they were being charged.

Yonhap said, according to unnamed company official, Samsung’s investigation found that faulty batteries caused the phone to catch fire. The number of the Galaxy Note 7 phones with faulty batteries account for “less than 0.1 percent” of the products in the market. Samsung is discussing how to resolve the issue with Verizon and its other partners, the official told Yonhap.

More information is available HERE

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Was just about to post. Looks like no exploding batteries as of yet in the United States. Looks like the over seas version is having the issue with the 820 and the battery.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had the back not been sealed the recall could've been for just the battery like LG did with the 510 flip phone last century. I got a letter from gte wireless (now Verizon) stating call an 800 right away. I called it and a new battery was at my house the next day. Bio fuss, no loss of phone no redoing anything. Just power down and replace battery.
The sealed back is why I skipped the Note5 &7 for this very reason.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Was just about to post. Looks like no exploding batteries as of yet in the United States. Looks like the over seas version is having the issue with the 820 and the battery.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
I don't believe the international variant has the 820. The article stated that Sammy is having recall discussions with Verizon.
That lends me to believe that there are US variants that do have an issue..

Beardface

Reaction score
Considering how I'm required to use my phone for work, boy am I glad I didn't jump and pre order this thing like I was tempted.

What a colossal mess for Samsung. Their flagship, most expensive device literally blows up in their face. But to their credit, at least they are doing the right thing and not just telling all their customers they're using it wrong like Apple did a couple years ago.

By the way, title of the thread says they're recalling the S7, and not the Note 7.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's definitely a mess for Sammy ...and the fact they are going to recall all leads me to believe it could be a wider issue despite the numbers floating around ...get them phones ready for returns peeps I wouldn't keep one even if I had no issues

iPAD 9.7

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Other sites are reporting a actual recall with a statement from Samsung. I'm going to call Verizon this morning and see if they have any info.

Sent from my Sexy Note7

shockracer

Reaction score
First time going for a Samsung and now this...glad I didn't put a screen protector on yet. on the plus side they are being more honest than most other companies would be.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Verizon was very nice and quickly got me transferred to Samsung (ph# 888-987-4357)..... I'm waiting for a representative now..

Sent from my Sexy Note7

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Beware if you call!!!

The Samsung site I spoke to has not been updated with the recall or what to do. I first had a representative tell me there is no recall and just use the right charger and I will be fine.... I got a bit upset and asked for a supervisor who had no clue what was going on.... I had to read the official statement to her and give her the link *facepalm*...soo supervisor lady is going to get info and instructions then get back with me.

Sent from my Sexy Note7

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Beware if you call!!!

The Samsung site I spoke to has not been updated with the recall or what to do. I first had a representative tell me there is no recall and just use the right charger and I will be fine.... I got a bit upset and asked for a supervisor who had no clue what was going on.... I had to read the official statement to her and give her the link *facepalm*...soo supervisor lady is going to get info and instructions then get back with me.

Sent from my Sexy Note7
Doesn't surprise me. It was announced Samsung is looking into it Sept 1st, and then all of a sudden there is a full recall? CSR's are the last to know.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
It was a little amusing when she realized I was right...

Sent from my Sexy Note7