Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
After talking with Verizon. All of the battery issues are overseas like I thought! Verizon said to call Samsung like all other service providers. Samsung is taking orders for new batch that of phone that are coming in 2 weeks time. If your phone is not overheating then you are fine. 0.1 owners are affected. Samsung is just taking precautions!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'd personally get a new that's just me though ....I wouldn't like to be the first US report ...Verizon is letting customers return or exchange no restocking fees

6S PLUS

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I'd personally get a new that's just me though ....I wouldn't like to be the first US report ...Verizon is letting customers return or exchange no restocking fees

6S PLUS
But if you want a Note 7 you will have to wait until Samsung releases new stock...

Sent from my Sexy Note7

Amagine

Reaction score
Honestly I would think you could just disable Fast Charging and be ok.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Not if it is a problem inside the battery...

Sent from my Sexy Note7

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I love Verizon saying that they won't charge a restocking fee. Hmmm really? Recalled potentially dangerous phone and you are doing this out of the goodness of your heart?? This appears to be a bad batch of batteries from a known supplier so the serial numbers will tell them soon which are bad. I get a bit better than 2 days on a charge so I won't worry until tomorrow.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
My SO is going to wait for the replacement devices to become available until returning hers. At the same time, she'll only charge it during the day, while using the OEM Note 7 charging cable. (Just to be on the safe side)

S5 tap'n

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
My SO is going to wait for the replacement devices to become available until returning hers. At the same time, she'll only charge it during the day, while using the OEM Note 7 charging cable. (Just to be on the safe side)

S5 tap'n
@jstafford1 and I are planning to do the same... I don't want a different phone or to go without a phone

Sent from my Sexy Note7

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I am trying to figure out what to do! I got until the end of the month to return the phone to Verizon! Should I return it now and go back to my Note 4 which is packed to be shipped out to Verizon or Hold the Note 7 for 2 weeks to see if the new released one will come out?

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Me personally I would hold on to the Note 7 and give Samsung some time to produce replacements. The Note 7 is such a big step up from the Note 4.
Unless your Note 7 is already getting really really hot and showing worrisome signs I could hang on to it.
That is just my opinion....

Sent from my Sexy Note7

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Seems like a rather huge recall for something that only affects less than 0.1 devices..

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Seems like a rather huge recall for something that only affects less than 0.1 devices..
What is going on is that Samsung had 2 companies to create the Batteries. One of the companies batteries had dead cells in the battery which cause the overheating. Samsung can not tell which battery went into which device. So they are recalling all devices to be safe!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
I still plug mine in overnight cause it only gets luke warm wen charging and after that it is nice and cool like now im on it all the time wen it is hooked to the charger playing candy crush or other games making it get hot and it is still good to go cause as soon as im done playing games and let it sit it cools down to just luke warm

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk