Samsung To Bring Samsung Pay Tech To Non Samsung Phones!?

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s8-connect_pay_bottomphone-png.77696

Samsung Pay is still blowing minds everyday! Just about every time I pull out my Galaxy S8 to pay for something the teller starts to tell me that it won't work on their terminal, and just before they can finish their sentence the transaction goes through, and their mind is blown. Apparently they understand that Apple Pay needs a certain type of terminal and their terminal won't support it so it shouldn't support Mobile payments in general. Of course Samsung's tech is different. MST technology accepted at just about any terminal where a card can be swiped.

Samsung could easily use NFC to bring some mobile pay ability to other phones, however they may actually be looking into bringing the MST tech to other phones. One of the main reasons I carry Samsung phones is Samsung Pay. It would be great to be able to have the same functionality in other phones from LG, Google, or HTC.

According to sources Samsung may be looking into providing other OEMs with a chipset making MST possible on other manufacturers phones. Samsung may also decide to just sell their own accessories that would fit other phones giving those phones access to MST technology. Of course none of this info is confirmed by Samsung. Hopefully Google can figure out a way for us to blow people's minds with more devices.

via 9to5google

Attachments

• galaxy-s8-connect_pay_bottomphone.png
    galaxy-s8-connect_pay_bottomphone.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 4,109

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Since i got my Note 5 again i have been using the Samsung Pay. I like how its readily available on home screen and Android pay is not. I have used both but now having the Note 5 in use again I've found myself using it most of my Transactions now. I would def use it on my Moto Z Force.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
having mst technology is a must if mobile payments usage is to become mainstream. but mst is also dated since more and more cards now have chips. I have samsung pay installed and used it a few times but my bank does not offer it so I cannot use it as often as I like.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
having mst technology is a must if mobile payments usage is to become mainstream. but mst is also dated since more and more cards now have chips. I have samsung pay installed and used it a few times but my bank does not offer it so I cannot use it as often as I like.

When I had Samsung Pay I liked it and felt it was the best pay system to date. But you bring up a good point, now that more banks are going to chips how will this affect MST.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
When I had Samsung Pay I liked it and felt it was the best pay system to date. But you bring up a good point, now that more banks are going to chips how will this affect MST.

Both Cards I have Linked to My Samsung Pay have Chips. 1 is BOFA & the other is Chase. I have used Samsung pay for Both Cards on Readers that Don't Take Chips and Do Take Chips so far with no Issues. I think since they are Approved for Use by the Financial Institution they may bypass the Chip being needed for Virtual Cards. I did have 1 transaction that the Cashier Asked me for the Number on it and then noticed the Virtual Card has its own CCV.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Since i got my Note 5 again i have been using the Samsung Pay. I like how its readily available on home screen and Android pay is not. I have used both but now having the Note 5 in use again I've found myself using it most of my Transactions now. I would def use it on my Moto Z Force.
what do you mean it's readily available from the homescreen?

on my LG G6 and my V20 I just unlock my phone and place it on the terminal... I don't have to open any apps etc etc... it's always available.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
what do you mean it's readily available from the homescreen?

on my LG G6 and my V20 I just unlock my phone and place it on the terminal... I don't have to open any apps etc etc... it's always available.

Sorry for the Confusion. What I meant was with Samsung Pay I can swipe up and my card or cards are available.