Samsung Pay Launched Today in The USA!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

What has to be one of the top features of the Galaxy lineup for 2015 is Samsung Pay. The game changing feature allows you to use your phone at virtually any pay kiosk that accepts major credit cards. After much anticipation Samsung finally launched Samsung Pay. The feature is now available for most in the United States. The technology doesn't rely on an NFC chip reader, rather it works with existing magnetic card readers.

Unfortunately Verizon has still yet to make a final decision on whether or not they will allow Samsung Pay on their devices. AT&T, Sprint, T-mobile, and US Cellular now support Samsung Pay. For now you will only be able to add credit cards to Samsung Pay from a limited number of banks. Banks supported include Bank Of America, Citi, American Express, and US Bank. The partnership that Samsung has with Mastercard and Visa relies on card issuers for card support so if you don't have a card through one of those banks for now you will not be supported.

I am still pretty ticked at Verizon for not allowing this on their network. I still feel like they are doing this at the expense of the consumer. I can't help but think they are waiting to negotiate some percentage of each payment made or something like that. Hopefully they will come off of that soon. I am ready to give Samsung Pay a try.

[Editor's Note: it's also important to remember that Samsung Pay on anything other than one of the new Samsung phones only supports paying through NFC. Only the Galaxy Note 5 and the various Galaxy S6 devices include the "pay anywhere" hardware.]

Last edited by a moderator:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think Verizon customers need to call Verizon and express their dissatisfaction of not having Samsung pay. When you pay $700 for a phone, we should be able to take advantage of that phone's features the same as others do on other carriers. Verizon needs to hear from their costumers. Will it work if people call? Maybe not but it can't hurt. It also might end up being a deciding factor for some not to switch to Verizon if they were considering it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I don't have the device or the bank to utilize this feature and I rarely used Google wallet while I had it, so I'm in no hurry to have this simply to say I have it.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I never used google wallet either, but this is different it can be used anywhere. I feel like i would use this everyday.

Reactions: cr6

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Same feel I would us it alot too, but such a teeny tiny amount of cards supported is just ridiculous...And the fact that Verizon isn't allowing it it stupid it's Samsungs phone and Verizon shouldn't have a say on what features can and can't be used. But that's just me.

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+

Last edited: