Samsung Supposedly Had Disappointing Galaxy S6 Sales

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I wan an "active" phone on Verizon. No case, pure commando.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Samsung's disappointing sales is HTC's fantasy.

Poor HTC at one time you were relevant now you are just a disappointment. Cheer up though, Motorola was able to turn it around.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Motorola isn't finished yet. It still remains to be seen what happens to them next after being acquired again.

I personally wish Microsoft would gain a larger following to put pressure on Android and iOS. Heck, I even hope Tizen rolls out to a mass fan base. The more the merrier.

Kmcgee1992

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Twitter
@kmcgee1992
It's not just about a "premium feel". The S5 is better than the S6 in many other areas than just the removable battery & sd card. It boots up faster, battery lasts longer, has IP67 waterproof rating, and many features that the S6 left out. That said, the S6 does excel in many areas over the S5, but looking at everything on a whole, Samsung changed this device so drastically, people felt they went too far and tried too hard to copy the iPhone. While there's no denying the S6 is a great device, these are the main reasons why the S6 didn't sell all that well.

S5 tap'n
You're right I suppose. I never actually had the s5. I went from the S4 to the S6. If you were to compare it to that, it's a far superior device. But I don't understand why Samsung decided to skip on the waterproofing. And apart from the front that looks like any other phone from the galaxy S range, it does look almost exactly the same as the new iPhone.But for what I need out a phone, the S6 more than covers it, but it's still not without it's flaws and drawbacks, but at the end of the day, is any phone "perfect"?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
But I don't understand why Samsung decided to skip on the waterproofing.

Because customers who turned in their waterproof phones that were water damaged with the caps on were angry that Samsung was trying to refuse honoring the warranty. So carriers like AT&T and Verizon were put into a situation of eating it to appease a customer or pushing the issue. So I am not surprised that Samsung backed off of that. Now they can go back to denying warranties that are water damaged and still have bullet points by replacing water resistant with splash resistant.