Samsung Galaxy View

Garry-MK

Reaction score
PowerPoint attachment in my email account won't open on my Samsung Galaxy View - 18.4

Please help! Any thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum Garry-MK! Do you have any apps installed that can open PowerPoint files? Many Android phones don't come with those types of apps pre-installed. I'm not familiar with the Galaxy View at all so I don't know what apps it has from the factory. Try downloading the Google Slides app from the Play Store. It's Google version of PowerPoint and believe it is fully compatible and can open PowerPoint slides. When it's installed and you go to open the file you should see a prompt asking you which app you would like to use to open the file, select Slides and it should work.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
@mejustsayin... This question is from my daughter. She just got a Galaxy s9 about 2 weeks ago. She has a problem starting today. She calls me (or I call her) and she can hear me but I can't hear her. I had her check the mute button when I was calling her, but it's off... Any thing else I can have her check before she goes in to Verizon tomorrow? Btw, this problem happens with other callers, not just me...

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
@mejustsayin... This question is from my daughter. She just got a Galaxy s9 about 2 weeks ago. She has a problem starting today. She calls me (or I call her) and she can hear me but I can't hear her. I had her check the mute button when I was calling her, but it's off... Any thing else I can have her check before she goes in to Verizon tomorrow? Btw, this problem happens with other callers, not just me...

I have a thread going about this issue on my Note 8.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

It sounds like either an app has locked out the mic or a hardware failure. Safe mode would help determine if an app has somehow locked the mic, or if it's just faulty hardware and she needs a new phone. The thread Miller mentioned might also have some useful information.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
PowerPoint attachment in my email account won't open on my Samsung Galaxy View - 18.4

Please help! Any thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated
Good morning Garry-MK. We're you able to find an app to open PowerPoint files on your phone?

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It sounds like either an app has locked out the mic or a hardware failure. Safe mode would help determine if an app has somehow locked the mic, or if it's just faulty hardware and she needs a new phone. The thread Miller mentioned might also have some useful information.

Thanks! I will tell her and I'll send her info from Miller's thread and I sent her the link how to wipe the cache partition. It's good for her to know how to do that anyway. Thanks friends for your help