Samsung Galaxy S3 No Signal

Discussion in 'Galaxy S3 Help' started by MilGoe10, May 15, 2014.

1. MilGoe10

MilGoe10 New Member

Hi, I have a Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 (originally T-Mobile) that I use with Straight Talk I have a SIM card in it from the BYOP program. It is not getting any signal/service.

I have verified that it's still unlocked, not blacklisted, the SIM works in my other phone as well but I ordered a new SIM anyway and that SIM works in both phones so it is not the SIM. I have done a factory reset but still nothing. I have also taken the battery out, put it back in, and turned phone on but it didn't work.. I have done all the steps that Straight Talk suggest. I also checked and I still have an IMEI number. I have done a software update.

Sometimes the phone will have 4G but then seconds later it will go back to no service/signal and say searching on the unlock screen. The icon at the top is a circle with a slash through it. When I try to make a call when it has that icon it says mobile network not available. My APN settings have been updated and are correct and airplane mode is not on. I have GSM/WCDMA only selected and have tried switching to the other two but still nothing. This might not be important but my Wi-Fi does still work. My girlfriend has the same phone and has no problems getting signal. Mobile network is selected.. I have no idea what else I can try I'm getting so frustrated.

Can anyone help? I am so tired of having basically a paper weight!!
  2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey DF Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to the Forum.

How long do you have this phone? Did you buy it new?
  3. MilGoe10

MilGoe10 New Member

I have had the phone since March 3rd but had to wait for a SIM card so didn't actually start using it until 4-5 days after receiving. I bought it used off of ebay but it was in perfect condition and ESN was clean and ready for activation.

Search tags for this page
3g icon disappeared android
how to fix galaxy s3 poor no signal condition
how to fix unlocked galaxy s3 losing reception

my galaxy s3 is not getting sig.al and it was verizon and no

my galaxy s3 showing no service

my galaxy s3 shows no service

my straightalk phone wont work in bismarck nd

my straighttalk galaxy s3 shows no service

s3 no signal no service icon

samsung s3 sim signal not showing
sumsung s3 no signal show circul icon