Unlocked Samsung S3 I747 roaming problem

Matlat

Reaction score
Hello, I am having a large issue with my S3. I bought a brand new S3 from a trusted friend, he explained to me that it was with Bell originally, (original carrier). So when he sold it to me he also said he unlocked it. When i got home i activated the Sim card with my Carrier wich is Videotron. I started receiving text messages but there was something strange, I was roaming data. Now this is where it gets weird, first off I had a double clock wich said roaming on one side and home on the other. Also on the top it said Rogers wireless. So i Disable data roaming. But it still seemed to be carrying the signal. When I went in mobile networks and searched for my carrier, All that showed up was Bell, Telus and Rogers. NO videotron?... So I call tech support and obv they have no idea what the problem is because it's not there signal coverage. So it's pretty easy for me to know the problem is within my unlocked phone but i seem to have hit a wall. I really need help and I don't know what to do. Maybe my friend didnt unlock it correctly? If anyone heard of this issue before or has anyways to help me please share. Im really sad on this sunday lolz...

garrawin

Reaction score
Hi I have the same problem two clocks one saying roaming.
I bought my unlocked s3 in Europe and I cannot access
certain apps on my phone because it says I am roaming and
I'm not.Can anybody help.