Samsung Galaxy Note LineUp Already Sold 40M Units; Note2 Accounted for 30M

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy_note_phablet.jpg

No wonder Samsung keeps pushing new products in the phablet world. The market they effectively pioneered is moving like gang-busters. According to the latest marketing data from Focus Taiwan, the Galaxy Note series lineup has already sold 40 Million units and 30 Million of those were just the Galaxy Note 2 alone. This is all before the GNote3 has even launched!

If the GNote3 is even close to the level of success of its predecessor, then Samsung's big phone category will be a monster hit. It seems like the phablet is becoming much more mainstream. Share your experiences with switching from a regular sized phone to a phablet.

Source: SamMobile

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to carry a tablet around to tether for things that were hard to see on my 4.3" screen. Since getting the Note2 I no longer need to carry a tablet.
When I first saw the Note lineup, then a few wannabes I thought just wow those things are friggin huge, no way I'd ever go bigger than my Rezound for both ergonomics and not wanting a Kindle upside my head when I used it as a phone or a Kindle attached to my belt. Ergonomics would be a problem if I was running it naked on the back because it's like trying to hold a huge ice cube. The Defender has a nice grip, so grippy in fact I felt comfortable shooting photos while bicycle riding and shooting behind me recently. It never felt like it was about to be dropped. The belt thing is, well yeah, a huge thing hanging from my belt but with a shirt untucked it's not noticeable. For the Kindle/head thing there's Bluetooth , which is very well done on this phone, unlike the Rezound. I just don't want to draw attention to myself by the gadgets I have with me.
Switching from a regular sized phone to a phablet only caused 1 regret. I regret getting a Note8 because I don't need it anymore . I'd had my Nexus7 gen 1 since it first came out so it got a lot of use before the Note8 but I find myself using the Note8 seldom (for reviewing photos mostly) and the Nexus7 even less now.
It really is almost like carrying a Kindle touch around (literally the same height but less width than the KT) but it's not that big of an adjustment and worth the extra hassle for the screen size on 49 year old eyes.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notetoo

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
My next phone will be a Note 3 if I can swing it early or a Note 4 next year after my contract expires.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The Notes are amazing! Great big display (I game and web a lot) and the huge battery to power it all. Just about perfect in my eyes. Everyone who has ever commented on the size, I hand them the phone, they comment on how light it is and then try the pocket test. I've never not seen it easily fit in to a pocket. Win!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It's pretty cool how a product originally thought to be trying to fill a small niche (the original Note) took off so well.
I remember reading how even Samsung was surprised by the reception that first gen one got.

Sal R.

Reaction score
Ever since I picked up the Note 2, I gave my TF101 to my mom, sold my kindle and GTab.

I love my phablet.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Coming from the 4.5(Nexus) and 4.7(One),Im excited about going 5.7.I received one of my cases for the Note 3 and it gives me some ideal of how big it is.Don't go there!!!Family friendly

Sent from my HTC One rockin Jelly Bean 4.1.2