Samsung Galaxy Note 5 & Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Officially Launch Today - Who's Buying?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If you hardly use your s-pen, then hands down, you will love the S6+ edge.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I upgraded to the Note 5 because my Note 4 had this issue where I would constantly (atleast 5 times a day) have to toggle airplane mode on and off to get data to connect. I've had it for 24 hours now and I can safely say it is better in every way (didn't use an SD card before and the slightly smaller battery is holding up just as well as my Note 4 battery) as far my personal usage.

The S6 Edge Plus is definitely a gorgeous phone but I know I would be way too paranoid that I'd damage one of the edges. That's how I was with my very brief period of owning the Note Edge, and that was only one edge!

grrouchie

Reaction score
I went to 2 stores,to buy yesterday. First store only got Note 5s,so because I couldn't play with both I left. 2nd store had both and were busy. I played with both and realized I'd been there for 50 minutes and not one,of the 5 employees even acknowledged me so i said **** it and left then ordered online. Went with edge+

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use the s-pen on my Note 4 ALL the time, for browsing the Web "scrolling Web pages" , for typing "swipe", it keeps my screen fingerprint free, I just used it writing this post.
Do you use Swype or another, like maybe the Samsung keyboard?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you use Swype or another, like maybe the Samsung keyboard?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
I use SwiftKey keyboard, I prefer it over the Samsung keyboard. Again I used my s-pen to type this, I use my s-pen for pretty much everything on my Note 4, that's why I bought this phone, people who don't use, or know how to use the s-pen should not be purchasing a Note series phablet.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, I love my s-pen too. I don't think I could adjust to using a phone without one. If I didn't, then I definitely would have gotten the 6edge+. Give me a couple days with this N5 and I'll give a report of the features I like and the changes I don't.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I use the S-Pen too frequently to consider the S6 Plus. It's a bummer too since I was hoping for a new Note Edge.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use SwiftKey keyboard, I prefer it over the Samsung keyboard. Again I used my s-pen to type this, I use my s-pen for pretty much everything on my Note 4, that's why I bought this phone, people who don't use, or know how to use the s-pen should not be purchasing a Note series phablet.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I got a Note8. Liked the s pen so much my next phone upgrade was a Note2. The Note4 s pen is even better than those.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

TYUI

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I am interested in the Note 5. The S6 edge + seems better than S6 edge.
0.jpg
3.jpg
0.jpg
View attachment 75393
0.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
0.jpg
3.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg