Samsung Galaxy Note 5 & Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Officially Launch Today - Who's Buying?

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Are you trying to make folders? For apps? If that's the case just drop one app on the other that makes a folder

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+
It allows me do that on the home screen but it won't let me do that in the app drawer.....

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
There is but I am not seeing anywhere to add/edit folders

I just figured it out! After you press edit, each icon has a little + to the upper right (near the icons - sign). Press the + and it will give you the option to add folders.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I don't know what app drawer is.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I just figured it out! After you press edit, each icon has a little + to the upper right (near the icons - sign). Press the + and it will give you the option to add folders.

I see the pluses.....it won't let me select them

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
b8e96e96065b921f473355dda09ea5e7.jpg

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Oh the app button that takes you to all the apps. Yeah mine just shows the - which Uninstalls the app

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Scratch that. Apparently I was clicking on a folder. Okay, so far it doesn't look like you can add a folder to the app drawer, just edit the ones that are there. You can add a folder to the home screen by long pressing one app (which moves it to the home screen) then adding another app on top of that.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Scratch that. Apparently I was clicking on a folder. Okay, so far it doesn't look like you can add a folder to the app drawer, just edit the ones that are there. You can add a folder to the home screen by long pressing one app (which moves it to the home screen) then adding another app on top of that.

That is so weird....I may have to browse YouTube for some tutorials

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Okay, this time I really got it. In app drawer, go to edit. Long press on an app and move that on top of another app that you want to be in the same folder. That creates the folder. Then you can continue to add apps to that folder by long pressing an app and dropping it on top of the folder.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Add a folder just like you would on the home screen by placing one app over another after hitting Edit

Sent from my Verizon G4
Smh
Okay, this time I really got it. In app drawer, go to edit. Long press on an app and move that on top of another app that you want to be in the same folder. That creates the folder. Then you can continue to add apps to that folder by long pressing an app and dropping it on top of the folder.

OMG ladies!!!
I feel like I should have known that!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Smh

OMG ladies!!!
I feel like I should have known that!
Yeah, me too! But I think the problem was that before you had a complete menu that allowed you to create a folder from there. The new Samsung menus are severely lacking.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a post from someone that tried the iPhone switch promotion.

I actually got in on the deal. Received the "trial" two days ago. I chose the Verizon carrier version - they actually already have an activated sim card in it with a phone number, data, etc. Prepaid I guess. You can use it like that or forward your calls to that number from your current phone, too. They sent me the 32 gig White model (roughly 22 gigs available inside with all the pre-installed stuff).

My impressions so far... Great cameras (rear and front). Very VERY nice screen. Good handling for a large phone. Decent update to the pen. WiFi and cell antennas seem stronger. Fingerprint reader WORKS. Oh.... but..... the BATTERY... UGH! I can literally watch the thing drain sometimes even with power saving measures and background things off at times. In my two days with it, it makes it through the single day-just. Barely better than the iPhone battery in that regard and I think once more people use it this will wind up being one of it's major flaws. At least the charger that comes with it is a rapid charger.

No idea if Samsung is going to try to talk us into buying these units at the end of the trial. They didn't come with extra pen tips like a "new" boxed model. If Samsung offered me a decent discount on the phone I'd consider it, but with a retail price of $700, the battery issue isn't worth it for me, so it'll go back in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That is interesting... the only downside he mentioned was the "battery barely better" than the iPhone battery" which to me translates to it is about the same as the iPhone, maybe a tad better. Everything else is either better than the iPhone or at least as good. So, essentially his review rates the N5 better than the iPhone. Prices for each are the same so why so quick to change back. He's not getting a removable battery or an external sd card with the iPhone. Nor is he getting a quick charger. Interesting!