Samsung Fascinate Source Code Released

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
samsung-fascinate-open-source.jpg

We now have one more reason to love the Samsung Fascinate and it starts with open and ends with source. Yup, Samsung has officially released the source code for the Fascinate on their open source website.

For some this news won't matter much, but for Developers or those looking to take the Fascinate to the next level are sure to have a smile from ear to ear. To download the 161mb source, point your browser towards http://www.opensource.samsung.com, search the page for model SCH-I500, and let the games begin!

Thanks for the tip Bryan!
Source: Samsung Open Source Release Center

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
moto needs to take one from the pages of samsung.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This news makes Samsung a little bit more appealing, come on Motorola

Discover

Reaction score

Heres the thing, Android OS to me. is what was on my DROID 1... a phone that was built by google and moto partnership, the originators if you will.. Moto doesnt need to release source because google already offers the source.

My advice to samsung? "If its not broken. Dont try to fix it!"

Im waiting for the wonderful minds here to make 2.1 OR 2.2 GOOGLE android OS with the EXT2 Filesystem left alone.. this is what the lagfix changes and thats why everyone who has applied it has seen significant gains. google spent a lot of time building this OS from nothing.. and im sure they nothing covered when it come to the performance and stability of their OS.

I refuse to touch any custom samsung source built rom that doesnt change the file system to EXT2 and works on improving memory management better.

For whatever reason samsung decided to change the file system to their HORRIBLE RFS file system... (which i just found out) and it makes perfect sense to me on why ive had such a hard time believing this really is an android based phone.. this might also be the reason why so many people are not liking the Fascinate and waiting patiently for the amazing developers out there to make custom roms based off Google source and not this hacked up bashed up bing'd up with Microsoft's hand in the pot OS.

which leads me back to the communities need for a solid Froyo or Eclair build without samsungs touch added to the mix.. (maybe just the theme ported over for those of you that like it) Then i honestly think we will see what this phone truely has to offer.

:greendroid:

bigmiketn

Reaction score

Heres the thing, Android OS to me. is what was on my DROID 1... a phone that was built by google and moto partnership, the originators if you will.. Moto doesnt need to release source because google already offers the source.

My advice to samsung? "If its not broken. Dont try to fix it!"

Im waiting for the wonderful minds here to make 2.1 OR 2.2 GOOGLE android OS with the EXT2 Filesystem left alone.. this is what the lagfix changes and thats why everyone who has applied it has seen significant gains. google spent a lot of time building this OS from nothing.. and im sure they nothing covered when it come to the performance and stability of their OS.

I refuse to touch any custom samsung source built rom that doesnt change the file system to EXT2 and works on improving memory management better.

For whatever reason samsung decided to change the file system to their HORRIBLE RFS file system... (which i just found out) and it makes perfect sense to me on why ive had such a hard time believing this really is an android based phone.. this might also be the reason why so many people are not liking the Fascinate and waiting patiently for the amazing developers out there to make custom roms based off Google source and not this hacked up bashed up bing'd up with Microsoft's hand in the pot OS.

which leads me back to the communities need for a solid Froyo or Eclair build without samsungs touch added to the mix.. (maybe just the theme ported over for those of you that like it) Then i honestly think we will see what this phone truely has to offer.

:greendroid:

+1dancedroid