Safestrap 3.11 and Titanium Backup Pro

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Hacks' started by jk81033, Jul 2, 2013.

1. jk81033

jk81033 New Member

I was wondering if there is any way to transfer a backup from Titanium Backup Pro to Safestrap 3.11? I am running a rooted Droid Bionic with Eclipse 1.3.
  2. milski65

milski65 Member

What's the reasoning for doing that? Just curious.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
  3. jk81033

jk81033 New Member

I
    I was just wondering if it is possible. TB Pro allows you to choose your recovery so I selected TWRP as Safestrap 3.11 uses TWRP. I am pretty sure that a backup zip file created in TB Pro can be installed in Safestrap 3.11 and used to restore phone apps, data, etc. I have been having difficulties with TB Pro restoration, possibly because when I need to restore my phone I first have to use Safestrap 3.11 recovery, which I haven't created a new in since February (I know it's stupid, I just made a new one). I then used TB Pro to restore as it contains a recent backup. This seems to create some issues (deleted apps reinstalled, etc). I like TB Pro because I upload backups to Box. I was wondering if I can move the TB Pro backup to Safestrap 3.11 because I have control over what gets backed up. Is it possible to just move a TB Pro backup file to Safestrap 3.11. I have several backups and am using a decent amount of space on my SD card (I can't delete any more backups). Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible and how to do it, or should I just use the Safestrap 3.11 backup? Like I said, I prefer TB Pro because of the control and the ability to upload to Box. Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  4. milski65

milski65 Member

Wow. Not sure of all of that. But if I were you I'd transfer my tibu backup folder to sd-ext first and foremost. And rename the folder location in tibu so it can find your backup. You shouldn't be saving a new backup folder every time. And set filters in tibu to only user apps. No real reason to have all the other crap that normally shows. And NEVER restore system apps.

5. milski65

milski65 Member

The more I think about this, the more I'd suggest not doing this. You are creating a whole new tibu backup every time you do this. And it's being stored on internal, which is gobbling up valuable space. Tibu can be backed up on sd-ext and free up space. You're also probably having major issues with restores due to you restoring system stuff, which will normally result in kaka.

6. jk81033

jk81033 New Member

Thanks for the info. My TB backups are already stored on my external sd card. I can delete the old one (I forgot to create a new folder when I did my second backup and it seems to have combined it with the first one, they are in the same folder). Only one other backup in TB. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to backup system apps-data. Will everything restore correctly without system apps-data? My other backups are in Safestrap and I can't delete any of them as they contain stock backups from before I rooted and one for my current ROM. I will have to redo my current Safestrap backup as I think I backed up everything. If I restore from Safestrap do I still need to restore from TB also? Sorry for all the stupid questions but I'm still kind of new at this. Thanks again for your help!

P.S. Why exactly aren't you supposed to backup or restore system apps-data?
  7. milski65

milski65 Member

8. jk81033

jk81033 New Member

9. milski65

milski65 Member

Safestrap | Hash-of-Codes

Check this site out. It can give you some explanations/answers to your questions. Yes, slots 1-4 are for roms. You can put your ics rom in any one of them, but if you want to try jb roms, they need SPECIFIC slots. cm10.1.0 needs slot 1, AOKP needs slot 2, and liquid needs slot 3. So I'd put your rom in slot 4.
  10. helron

helron New Member

I am currently running:
    Safestrap Slot 1/CM10.2
    Safestrap Stock/JellyBean

Does TibuPro back up only apps in active slot? I kinda think so, but just want to confirm.
    If so, then I think ot's best to create 2 separate backup folders (one for Stock and one for CM10. Rom). Am I correct.
    Also, I created a nandroid B/U via Safestrap's TWRP on both sides, because I wasn't sure if it backups up entire phone or just active slot..Are u laughing:) Every post I read says SS backup - backs up entire phone, but I wasn't too sure of how to interpret that.

This NOOB thanks ya and needs your help:)
Search tags for this page
answers for safestrap on jelly bean uninstall
can i us titanium with safestrap
difference between titanium backup and pro
difference between titanium backup and safestrap backups
error code -24 titanium backup
galaxy s4 backup with safestrap or titanium
how to use titanium backup bionic 2013
how to use titanium backup safestrap

is it better to install with safestrap or titanium backup

safestrap
safestrap titanium backup errors