1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

sad day today

Discussion in 'cushzero' started by cush2push, Jun 26, 2011.

1. cush2push

cush2push Premium Member Premium Member Developer

my beloved d1 has died it has been on hospice care for the past week but dont worry it didnt go peacefully it killed 2 32 gb sd cards on its way out

good bye d1 you were great

you guys have any idea what phone i should get now?
  2. lfylove

lfylove New Member

May ur d1 R.I.P

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

That truely is a sad thing, just when you think they can never die...

And as far as a new phone, you have an upgrade or just looking to pick something up used off like ebay or something similiar?
  4. cush2push

Non upgrade gonna craigslist it

Price isn't a issue I'm asking more of a what's lacking dev support and roms I've been spoiled with my d1 and out of the loop
  5. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

The D1 definitely does spoil a person who loves to flash and mod at their own free will. Its just so hacker friendly it is hard not to love.

Not sure what the best phone choice would be if you are looking for something lacking support though. I ended up buying a D2 recently after a friend of mine rooted his and absolutely loved it. I was worried I wouldnt enjoy it with the locked bootloader but honeslty it doenst bother me and I am very happy with it. Has decent support mostly centered around liberty with a couple other good choices.

Not necessarily suggesting you buy a D2 especially since you said youre not worried about price. Just sharing my experience as someone who recently bought a non-D1 phone after having one for so long.
  6. cush2push

cool thanks for the info got some decisions to think over now
  7. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

my d1 seems to be on its way out as well...experiencing the "possession" that people have mentioned before. hopefully it'll last me till the bionic comes out, but its pretty annoying when it does get possessed
  8. Rotech72

Rotech72 New Member

My droid... had the same screen issue... had the digitizer replaced installed for $50... droid is back in action... still running Miui rom

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  9. aj8600

aj8600 Beta Team

have you looked into the Tbolt? Charge?

they seem pretty cool.

also the xperia play looks cool, im not sure if its that nice of hackable.....
  10. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

Well, the xperia play has no custom recovery yet, so everything goes by fastboot so far. HOWEVER the latest version of xperia play ON VERIZON is unrootable... AND I HAVE VERIZON, FUU - well you know... all un-rootable aside, it is still a dang good phone!
  11. cush2push

i had a tbolt briefly and my homeboy has a charge atm its a toss up between the 2 my city is due for 4g real soon so thats playing a big part into it as well
  12. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy New Member

Friday I began researching into new phones (due for an upgrade later this month) so naturally the twp phones I went strait to at verizon to play with, was the charge & tbolt, they must have knew I was coming the phones were on display side by side right next to each other...lol....anywho, the very first thing that I noticed was how much bigger they both are when compared to the d1, after playing on both of them for awhile, I think the tbolt has a slight leed (is that how thats spelled) I just like it overall interface slightlt better, but my research has just begun into the two of them. In fact after playing on them I want them even more, Ill be keeping my fingers crossed every day when I get the main, hoping to receive an early update deal...