S4 won't find my hp printer

corcey24

Reaction score
Just got a hp printer its a Envy 4500 with wireless direct. Problem I have is that my s4 won't pick it up on wi-fi direct, can find it on the wireless network but not wireless direct. Updated firmware on printer and still nothing any ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 and TapaTalk 2

OP
C

corcey24

Reaction score
Talked to hp they say wireless direct is different from wi-fi direct the printer will only connect on wifi which means u loose the ability to surf the web while connected. Not what I wanted. When I connect to my all share dongle with wifi direct I can still surf the net, this is what I was hoping for.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I must be missing something. I have a stock S4 and can surf, (over WiFi or Data) and print to my local printers either using Data or WiFi. How are you trying to use the printer on the WiFi? There are several options. I have a link in my signature with printing tips if that helps.

m3incorp

Reaction score
Talked to hp they say wireless direct is different from wi-fi direct the printer will only connect on wifi which means u loose the ability to surf the web while connected. Not what I wanted. When I connect to my all share dongle with wifi direct I can still surf the net, this is what I was hoping for.

That sounds a bit confusing. All my devices to include the S4 allow you to continue to surf the web or do anything else you want while also allowing for communicating to the printer for printing.