Droid X to Wifi Printer without router?

dtherren

Reaction score
I have searched the forum looking for answers. I found partial answers.

I am wanting to print from my dx to an HP 110a wifi printer without a router. I have taken all the right steps I think. Made wifi discoverable on dx and on printer. Printer gives me connection error. Dx doesnt find printer. I tried creating connection manually but that didnt work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
How is the X going to print without print drivers?

coltzfan

Reaction score
Try print share from the market. It will print to any WiFi printer.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

dtherren

Reaction score
I tried the print share program. The D110a isnt being recognized by it and I cant figure out how to get it to find it. Normal methods arent working?

The D110a has a mini install file available. Should i down load and install it and see what happens?

What version of windows does the DX run? I cant find where it says what version.

Last edited:
OP
D

dtherren

Reaction score
Droid X Wifi Hotspot

Thanks For The Info! I found that the DX runs its own browser. Evidently a combination of several others put together.

Android (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is the scenario. I have the DX broadcasting as a Wifi Hotspot with the HP D110a detecting the Wifi and a Wifi card in my PC with it also detecting the Droid. I have it all named and network detected, however, I cant figure out how to get it to print to the printer via Wifi.

The printshare program on the DX says it isnt detecting printer or isnt compatible? On the other hand, I can print from the PC to the printer via wifi? Any ideas here? I am usually on top of things, but this has me stumped.

The only thing I can think of is I haven't paid for the printshare? I was trying to run a test sheet before I bought it. Any other print programs that work?

OP
D

dtherren

Reaction score
Thanks.

I had tried to install the mini HP driver, and also tried to get the printshare program to recognize it. I also had looked for an iprint driver for it. I found it thru the link you provided.

I have been doing this for my Dad. He is modestly tech savvy, but not enough to figure this out. He shut off the net on his pc when he got the dx and doesn't want to turn it back on due to the fact he is on the go so much.

I should have this all setup and dine with it today. He will think he is in the modern world now....LOL

Thanks again.

OP
D

dtherren

Reaction score
Well it didnt work. iPrint wont find the d110a even though it is supposed to be compatible. When I start broadcasting the hotspot on the Dx it finds the hp signal from the printer but when I go to print it says I must have a wifi connection and wants to connect even though it should be connected already.

I gave up after 2 hours messing with it.

OP
D

dtherren

Reaction score
Droid X without router?

To continue on....

I have uploaded and set up HP iPrint on the DX succesfully.

I got all networks named and secured on PC, HP printer, and DX.

I got the wifi card in the PC to recognize the Droidx. I got the PC set up and printing wifi to the printer. I have Web access from PC with DX broacasting as a wifi hotspot.

I got the printer set up and seeing the network and connected.

The droidx recognizes both the printer and pc and the network, but still will not recognize printer to be set up on the droidx either by printershare, or hp iPrint.

Printed out report on both connections and everything matches but still no printing from DX.

Any ideas?

Thanks In Advance!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Adhoc WiFi may not be supported by one of more pieces in your setup.

OP
D

dtherren

Reaction score
takeshi,

I finally managed to get it connected. It is 2 seperate Networks. One for all three, but from phone to printer is a seperate one.

After being connected, it still wouldnt recognize printer. I uninstalled print app and reinstalled, but still wont recognize it.

This is the same from the HP iPrint or printershare. Still working on it.

Thanks

DroidStang

Reaction score
wow glad I just loaded the hp iprint today before ready, cause, all I did was load app from market, turned on my printer, which has security and all on it, opened the app, it opened my sd card folders, it found my printer w/o me asking it, and printed, works slick