help configuring "send 2 printer" app with hp psc 1350v all in one printer

jea2004

Reaction score
I downloaded the app "send 2 printer" but have no idea how to set it up so it actually works with my hp psc 1350v all in one printer/scanner/copier. What port do I put in (or where do I find this information), and how do I know my printer's ip address? Also, which option printer should I select from the pull down menu?

Many thanks!

theproles

Reaction score
How to setup Send 2 Printer

The most important step in this process is to setup the port and IP address of your printer. On a home network the IP address may frequently change, but that's another topic. Here's how to setup the Send 2 Printer app:

First you'll need to login to your pc and check the IP address and port for your printer. Here's how you do that:

1. Select the Start/windows button
  2. Select "Devices and Printers"
  3. Right-click on your default printer and select "Printer properties"
  4. Under the "Default" tab you should see a box titled "Location"
  5. Open up your Send 2 Printer app on your phone
  6. Press the Menu key
  7. Select "Add Printer" or if you've already tried to set one up, long press on that printer and select "Edit Printer"
  8. Now carefully type in the IP address that you found in the "Location" box in the printer properties
  9. Now it's time to setup the port
  10. Go back to your PC and select the "Ports" tab
  11. Select your printer. It should be the only one that has a checkmark in the box next to it
  12. Click the "Configure Port..." button
  13. Make sure you note the protocol "Raw" or "LPR" - you'll need to know this when you go back to your phone
  14. Note the port number. Most printers are set to 9100
  15. Go back to your phone and select the "Queue Type" dropdown box.
  16. Choose the type I asked you to note for later. It will most likely be "RAW"
  17. Now check to make sure your port is set to the port number you noted in step 14.
  18. As for the rest, that all depends on your printer.
From here on out it's pretty simple. Just keep trying the different printer types. You can narrow it down by determining what kind of printer you have. Laserjet or inkjet, HP, Epson, Samsung, or use "Generic" for other types of printers.

You can print a simple test page by going to the bottom of the "Printer Settings" page in Send 2 Printer and selecting the "Test" button.

This is the point where you'll know if your printer is compatible with this software or not. Once you've tried a test print for each type of printer option without any luck, well I do believe you're stranded. At this point you could always try the "Printershare" app (Link)

REMEMBER TO CLICK the "Save" button at the bottom of the screen when you've finished making changes.

Final note: You may find that several printer options actually print, but if you have a color printer and want to print in color I would suggest you choose one of the color printer options. The test page will print a color image of a printer if you've chosen the correct color printer option.

Hope this helps.
Work it! :lifting:

Last edited:

rickt1152

Reaction score
Have you tried PrinterShard

I have used both Send 2 Printer and Printer Share successfully. Of the two, I have had much better luck with Printer Share, and the set up is virtually automatic. I routinely print to both printers on my home network. Very slick application for me. There is a free version with a watermark or something on the output of the purchase version which is well worth the few bucks it costs if you want to print from phone.

theproles

Reaction score
I have used both Send 2 Printer and Printer Share successfully. Of the two, I have had much better luck with Printer Share, and the set up is virtually automatic. I routinely print to both printers on my home network. Very slick application for me. There is a free version with a watermark or something on the output of the purchase version which is well worth the few bucks it costs if you want to print from phone.
I agree, printer share is definitely the superior program, but they now charge for local printing. I'm not sure about the watermark thing, but it wasn't an option when I first used it. It's definitely easier to setup printer share on the go.
If you're looking for a simple app to print on your home computer I would choose send 2 printer, it's completely free, although a little more difficult to setup initially.