Printing directly from Droid X to wifi printer

tessa25

Reaction score
So I tried to setup printing directly between my Droid X and Brother Wifi printer. On the printer, it looks for a wireless signal. So I setup the Mobile hotspot on my Droid. The printer could see it and it liked the connection. The mobile hotspot saw a connection. Then I went into PrinterShare and asked it to find the printer. No dice.

I know many are connecting via their home network successfully. Can I connect directly to the printer without a wireless router or computer in the mix? If so, how?

Thanks!

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
I would like to know that as well. would like to be able to print out business invoices on the go

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

B

budmonster

im to the dx lol, you can send a document or picture from your dx to your home printer? i didnt know that.

chrisb817

Reaction score
My hp printer lets me print with Bluetooth. I would like to print by wifi also.

carguy

Reaction score
I was looking for something and installed the app "Print share" today. Looks like I can print to my home printer on my wireless printer, a test page worked. May need to upgrade to the paid version ($4.95). I'll know more after I mess with it more tonight.

italiaD2G

Reaction score
Can I connect directly to the printer without a wireless router or computer in the mix? If so, how?

Thanks!

I also have the brother printer and the printer share app, but you need the premium version of printer share to be able to send pictures.

Like the OP I would also love to be able to send straight to a picture.

I'll know more after I mess with it more tonight.

Have you found anymore info?

carguy

Reaction score
I'll know more after I mess with it more tonight.

Have you found anymore info?
Just got done, upgraded to the paid version, quick and easy to print a photo in my gallery as well as a web page. I'm at home and printed to my HP C4580 wireless printer via my home network without an issue dancedroid

There are more features I'll check out soon. Looks like I can print from my Google docs, gmail, text messages, contacts, Google calendar, call log & PDF files I have stored on my device :D

Last edited:

musicman

Reaction score
If you use dropbox you can set it up to print from there. Just google printing from phone using dropbox.

carguy

Reaction score
Thanks ill check that out

Sent from my DROID X using DroidForums App

OP
T

tessa25

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I will upgrade to the paid version and see how it goes.

radowningii

Reaction score
Disappointed with Printshare. Installed the "Free" version to try it (as they suggest) but when connecting to my Epson Workforce 520 using 802.11n, I had to connect to their site to install the driver. Downloaded the drivers, then it told me I had to pay the $4.95 in order to install them to try the printer!
No, thanks, a bit too dishonest for me...

As I am already using Dropbox, I think I'll look into that now.