maxx and printer

jeffnestvold

Reaction score
I live in a rural area and use my maxx for phone and internet. I would like to print from my maxx but the kid at the big box said that a wireless printer would have to be connected to the internet to work. Can i print directly to a printer via wireless, bt or a cable? I also have a lapdock 500 if that helps. Also what happened to the razr accessory forum?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I live in a rural area and use my maxx for phone and internet. I would like to print from my maxx but the kid at the big box said that a wireless printer would have to be connected to the internet to work. Can i print directly to a printer via wireless, bt or a cable? I also have a lapdock 500 if that helps. Also what happened to the razr accessory forum?
I use PrinterShare to print to my wireless printer. I suppose you could setup a wireless network (with no outside connection to the internet) using a standard WiFi router and WiFi enabled printer...the router provides the WiFi network that connects the phone and printer...no need for a cable modem and internet connection to do that. I'm not sure about Bluetooth...probably hard to find a Bluetooth enabled printer.

Irontyke

Reaction score
Printershare is great for wireless. No internet needed, just local access.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score

What Android version are you on? GB and ICS have MotoPrint. I have an HP wireless printer that is probably 7 years old, and does NOT connect to the internet and I can print to it from my phone without any third party app. Someone posted here a few days ago that the leaked Jelly Bean doesn't have MotoPrint though.

OP
jeffnestvold

jeffnestvold

Reaction score
I'm on stock ics. I need a new printer so should any wireless printer work with motoprint?

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I'm on stock ics. I need a new printer so should any wireless printer work with motoprint?

I have an HP wireless printer, and it found and printed immediately.

I have not been able to print everything that way though, I use google cloud print for mine, but it requires internet, so unless you use your phone as a wifi tether for internet to your computer, it won't work.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I've tried Google Cloud Print. Only thing is ur computer has to be on if your printer isn't supported, and Chrome has to be open. Haven't tried anything else.

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
Motoprint was so easy to use and setup. I hope they come up with a JB version of it since I am not having much luck printing the way I used to with the free HP apps.