S4 speakerphone problems

sgtstew

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Android ver, 5.0.1 Model no. SCH-1545

Not sure where to go with this one ! Here's situation:

Place a phone call; connection with contact establishes ok. On-board volume is usually in full position.
Conversation with contact is fine in basic condition; I hear contact, microphone must work, for contact hears me.
Touch the phone volume assist icon on the left side of the screen; speaker volume increases slightly.
a) I can still hear contact ok b) contact says he hears me ok

Touch the speakerphone icon on the lower right side of the screen; volume increases to a level that all adjacent ears can hear what the contact says. Contact's conversational words are fully intelligible on my end.

HOWEVER....... Contact says that he cannot discern what I am saying; he says it sounds like I'm in a hollow drum. No chance of contact understanding what I am saying; says it's garbled.

What's possibly the problem, and where do I go with it? Thanks......

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum @sgtstew. That's a tough one. Could be a hardware or software issue.
Did this happen to start after an OS update? Regardless, I would do a factory reset and see if the issue goes away.
If you do the reset, make sure you backup your data and contacts..

Let us know....

OP
S

sgtstew

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Thanks for advise; did a factory reset and problem was eliminated. Kinda precarious making sure all data was secure. All I missed were the several memos on those yellow pages.