[Rumor] Sony's Insanely High-End Phone for 2013; 3GB RAM, 128GB ROM & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sony-logo-make-believe.jpg

You should probably take this new rumor with a grain or three of salt, because it sounds like a flight of fantasy that an overly-enthusiastic fan-boy might have made up. Supposedly, Sony is working on a new flagship for next year, with high-end specs that will completely blow away anything else out or even rumored to be coming out. Here's the crazy specs:
  • Samsung's next-gen Exynos 5 quad-core processor
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 128GB of storage space
  • 16MP camera
  • 3,000 mAh battery
  • 5-inch 1080p Full HD touchscreen
  • Dust proof and water resistant
We don't know any of the finer details on specs for this device just yet, but we wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be bogus anyway. Still, if this phone turns out to be real, and also included a removable battery and a microSD slot, then it might be worth considering switching carriers for such a mythic level device. Share your thoughts.

Source: UnWiredView

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
128GB and still thinking about an SD card??? My cutting computer only has an 80GB hard drive in it......

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
128GB and still thinking about an SD card??? My cutting computer only has an 80GB hard drive in it......

You have a valid point, but if we are going to dream as big as this rumor suggests, then we should have the "Holy Grail" of smartphones and not exclude any potential feature. ;)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
200gigs of music (@20k songs), so yeah, I could go for that...And give me another 50gigs for HD photos and video.

That phone would be pretty sweet. Bump it to 4gig ram and things could get interesting (making it basically rivaling most of the high-end ultrabooks that are all the rage right now).

diablo81588

Reaction score
200gigs of music (@20k songs), so yeah, I could go for that...And give me another 50gigs for HD photos and video.

That phone would be pretty sweet. Bump it to 4gig ram and things could get interesting (making it basically rivaling most of the high-end ultrabooks that are all the rage right now).

It will not rival ultrabooks with desktop class processors and high end SSDs. As fast as new A15 based processors are, they are still ultra low TDP, and don't compare to x64 in the least. Don't let quad core and the amount of ram fool you. It's not the same.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i'll believe it when i see it. sony has been failing at everything lately.