HTC One M9 Rumors Start Hitting the Web; 5.2" 2K Display, Snapdragon 805 & 3GB RAM

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-chain-logo.jpg

Now that most/all of the big smartphone launches of 2014 have already occurred, it's time for the rampant rumors for next year to start percolating to the surface. At the end of last week we already started hearing Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 rumors. Today is HTC day, as the latest rumor from the Taiwanese company suggests some high-end specs for the HTC One M9.

Here's the breakdown of what has been supposedly leaked,
  • 5.2-inch screen with 1440 x 2560 resolution and 564ppi pixel density
  • Snapdragon 805 CPU
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 64GB of native storage (with 128GB of memory optional)
  • Android 5.0 pre-installed
  • Bigger battery
  • IP certification higher than the current model's IPx3
  • Larger MP camera
There is no word as to when the phone might make its first appearance, but more than likely it will be in the Late Winter/Early Spring of 2015.

Here's our dedicated HTC One M9 section for more discussions: HTC One M9 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: PhoneArena

Last edited:

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If they can tailor the bezels (top/bottom) to compensate for the screen size I may hold out for this. Assuming they build off the great design they currently have.

on the move..

hkwise01

Reaction score
The current m8 runs just fine, but this bigger sharper screen along with a big improvement in camera quality sure make this an improvement to me. The bigger battery helps but the biggest thing of all, HTC still understands speaker placement.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Dang, it won't fit in my shirt pocket. Only complaint when the m8 dropped. I bend over a lot at work and I need to be able to button my shirt pocket.

We must...We must...increase our boost