[Rumor] Leaked ICS Update Schedule for Rezound, RAZR/MAXX & Xoom

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-ics-update-leak-some-devices.png

It looks like we may have an ICS update schedule for a few Verizon devices, if these included leaked pics are real. This pic seems to indicate that the ICS update schedule for three VZW devices including the Rezound, the RAZR/MAXX and the Xoom. Here's the breakdown:

HTC Rezound - 05/09

Software Update Version: 2
Soak Test: 04/16/2012 - 05/07/12
OTA: Verzion
Size: 297mb
Push OTA: 05/09/12
Pull Avail: 05/09/12

Motorola Droid RAZR/MAXX - 05/21

Software Update Version: 4
Soak Test: 04/19/2012 - 05/17/12
OTA: Motorola
Size: 341mb
Push OTA: 05/21/12
Pull Avail: 05/23/12

Xoom 3G/4G - ON HOLD

Software Update Version: 5
Soak Test: 03/29/12 - 04/19/12
OTA: Google
Size: 106mb
Push OTA: ON HOLD FOR TA
Pull Avail: N/A

Thanks for the tip, emwhite81!

Source: DroidForums.net via Reddit

jayman350

Reaction score
aaaaaand no love for the Bionic.....again. FU Verizon give me a damn ICS update already!

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those of us with the Nexus,we got to be LOBO-(laughing our butts off)cos,all these fine phones will be getting 4.0.4,and we'll be on 4.0.2-FUNNY!!!!!!!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Crank, I can't see that. Maybe they all will get 4.0.4 around the same time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Escobar

Reaction score
I'll believe it when I get it. You can't say early 2012 though if its almost may and still nothing. This phone was a real sham what with the awful battery and lack of updates.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
aaaaaand no love for the Bionic.....again. FU Verizon give me a damn ICS update already!

This is actually getting really annoying. Everytime a "release schedule" leaks, they fail to mention the Bionic. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

As Motorola still advertises the following on the Bionic site:

"ANDROID 4.0 (ICS) UPGRADEABLE: WE ALL SCREAM! Ice cream is cool. Ice Cream Sandwich is HOT. Needless to say, DROID RAZR is Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) upgradeable. You can find all the latest software upgrade news in our Motorola Support Forums"

I'm starting to think it's time they deliver, or us Bionic users really should consider a class-action lawsuit. They pulled the same crap with the OG Droid - advertised it as "Flash capable" when Flash never came along until the device was well on its way to being obsolete.

And for this family of devices (Droid Bionic/Droid RAZR series/Droid 4) there is absolutely NO reason from a technical standpoint that they all cannot be released around the same time. These devices SHOULD be able to essentially work with the same ROM, perhaps with minor tweaking (especially for the Droid 4, to support the hard keyboard).

Aside from that, these are the same basic device in a different shell.

npro1464

Reaction score
At this rate, we'll never see ICS for the Thunderbolt. No ROMS (functional ones), no leaks, nothing. I bet by the time that the update for the TB gets leaked, it'll be time for a new upgrade. Why is this taking so long? The longer it takes for the Bionic to get it, the longer we have to wait!! BS!!!!!

Hsunami

Reaction score
At this rate, we'll never see ICS for the Thunderbolt. No ROMS (functional ones), no leaks, nothing. I bet by the time that the update for the TB gets leaked, it'll be time for a new upgrade. Why is this taking so long? The longer it takes for the Bionic to get it, the longer we have to wait!! BS!!!!!

Thats what they want, they want to drag out the older phone updates so it forces the people with the obsolete phones to upgrade to new ones if they want the most recent software.