[Rumor] Droid 4 To Be Release February 10th

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
droid4-handson-ces1.jpg

Have you seen how incredibly awesome the new Droid looks? Well the latest rumors says you can have it in your hand by next weekend. A leaked document that was posted earlier today said the Droid 4 would be released on the 9th, but was quickly updated to say the 10th instead. This date is said to corresponding with the release of the reedited and remastered 3D Star Wars movie, and while we're not sure how this phone and Star Wars connect, that's what the rumor says. No one is quite sure of when this phone will be launched, but like we said earlier, Superbowl ads always answer a lot of questions.

Any one looking forward to getting their hands on this phone?
Via: BGR

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I wonder what the keyboard feels like.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Either is hand is large or... I know the specs say otherwise, but it reminds me of my OG.

VirtualCLD

Reaction score
You know what seems like a downgrade, besides the unremovable battery?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-anyone-think-d4-keyboard-step-backwards.html

Answer for me: No
I realize everyone is different, but all of the things you listed as "downgrades" either doesn't affect me, I never noticed with my current Droid 2, or are in fact, upgrades. I never noticed I had a "Sym" button until I read your thread just now. I found all of the symbols on my Droid2 keyboard present on the Droid4 kb except the ~. I never use the search key on the keyboard, I have always just used the captive touch button next to the screen. I'd rather have the dedicated row of numbers (which I realize the Droid3 already has) and I would prefer to have the symbols on the numbers like on a PC KB. The keys look like they stand out more and are easier to feel for touch typing which I prefer. I admit that I almost never use the = symbol and it seems silly to take the @ sym from it's own key and give it to = (but it comes with a + as well), I also almost never use the @ symbol, even when typing e-mails (since it recognizes aliases).

So for me, the keyboard LOOKS like a huge upgrade, but I can't say for certain until I try it out first. I might change my mind when I get my hands on it (literally ;) ), but that's what is always comes down to.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Starting to wonder if the D4 is about to hold the record for "most changed anticipated release date" or something like that... :p

Nah, Thunderbolt around this time last year and then the Galaxy Nexus a couple months ago had many more.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I'm hoping this phone is awesome my only concern is that I'm on cricket and with the LTE sim card I'll bet the D4 will be extremely hard to flash to cricket...