[Breaking] Droid 4 Launch postponed until February?

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
I've been planning for months to make my next phone upgrade the Droid 4. I've a D2 now, and my general rule is to only upgrade every other version. I was starting to consider the D5 if the D4 came out this soon.

This is actually a bit of a relief to me. Less pressure when my D2 still feels rather new still. I just bought a new memory card and extended battery for it, and with this custom ROM on it, it feels like a brand new phone again.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Screen-Shot-2011-12-21-at-10.31.47-PM-660x407.jpg

Hey! I just got my wife the LG Octane for xmas, and now I find out that it's EOL! That sucks. :mad:

edit: if a phone was free with a new 2 year agreement, if I get a new phone does that extend the contract further out?

Last edited:

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hey! I just got my wife the LG Octane for xmas, and now I find out that it's EOL! That sucks. :mad:

edit: if a phone was free with a new 2 year agreement, if I get a new phone does that extend the contract further out?

yes it does. take it back if you bought it within 14 days and get something else

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
yes it does. take it back if you bought it within 14 days and get something else

I will, but wish Verizon would release there next set of Basic phones. The LG Octane was the best available (for messaging functions). The Cosmos Touch got many poor reviews. I would rather get her a smartphone, but she has no need for the extra functionality.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My apologies to all of you who hoped to see the D4 in December, but since I picked up my D3 in October, I've used every spell, voodoo chant, magical curse, and prayer :hail: I can get my hands on to push the release date back.

Apparently it's working. :icon_eek:

-Matt

warped1987

Reaction score
That would be cool, my birthday is February 1st (will be turning the big 25) so I could maybe get this for my birthday. I had the D2G and loved having a keyboard phone and have been waiting for them to make it LTE forever. But it would have to be a full retail price cuz my early upgrade isn't good :(

So keep this in mind guys, birthday present for me since I never win any of the contests here :) LOL

JTorrance

Reaction score
by then the d4 may lose some steam. With 2nd gen lte devices being released along with next years tech I can see many passing on the d4.

Indeed.
It'll be born with the "Benjamin Button" Syndrome, if they don't change something in the HW area. And I'm guessing that that won't happen.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Even if it was released now, hardware and feature wise the D4 doesn't have anything groundbreaking. If it all stays the same by February it will be outdated before it's even released.