[Rumor] High-end Sprint Phone Called 'Jet' Coming June 10th; Likely the HTC One X

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc_one_x1.jpg

Here is an interesting rumor. Supposedly, an employee of Sprint leaked that a phone called the "Jet" will be launched on the Now Network on June 10th. Furthermore, the specs of the device were given, and from the looks of it, it is highly likely that it will be the HTC One X. Here's what was shared:
  • 1.5 GHz dual-core processor (Krait)
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 4.7-inch Super LCD 1280×720 display
  • CDMA 1X, EV-DO Rev 0/A/B (UE category 3)
  • LTE Band class 25 (PCS A-G blocks)
  • NFC
  • WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n and bluetooth 4.0
  • Corning Gorilla Glass 2
  • Solid polycarbonate body
At first glance, the dual-core chip gives one pause, because the HTC One X is supposed to be a quad-core phone. However, this actually lines up with previous reports that the U.S. version of the device will have to use the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 chip. This is because the quad-core Tegra 3 is not compatible with LTE radios. If this "leak" turns out to be accurate, then this could be the third device on Sprint with LTE (next to the Galaxy Nexus and LG Viper). Interestingly, there is further speculation that the final retail release of this phone might receive some form of EVO branding since that has worked very well for Sprint in the past.

What do you guys think? If it comes to Verizon, is this phone worth checking out?

Source: HTCOneForum via TalkAndroid

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Depends on when it comes out.

Personally, at this point in time the GS3 looks more... appealing.

npro1464

Reaction score
I'd consider it only if it comes with Beats headphones. Otherwise, I really have my heart set on a Samsung.