rubiX 1.90 .320 leak > rubiX 1.90 .340

Reaction score
This worked for me. Hope it helps if anyone else has questions.

I was on the .320 leak, running rubiX 1.90 leak version.

- Get the System only SBF from TBH. I think right now it's only in the TBH App...
- After that finished I got stuck in a boot loop, went into stock recovery (Power + Home, release power, hit Search) and wiped data/cache
- Booted up into stock .340.
- rooted, bootstrapped, copied the rubiX 1.90 (leaked) over to the sd card. I edited the build prop because I want my version numbers to be "correct".
- booted into recovery
- installed rubiX 1.90 (leaked) / installed blackbar mod

everything seems fine...
market blew up and didn't restore my apps but that's what app brain is for.

droidxchat

Reaction score
Sorry to break it to ya, but you just went in a circle. there's no difference between what you had to start and what you have now at the end. you used a system only sbf, meaning the bootloader didnt change, and then you replaced everything you had in the system with rubix 1.9.0 leak, which is what you had at start. 1.9.0 leak is based off of the .320 leak. When you reinstalled it, you reinstalled the components from .320 leak that come with it, and entirely replaced the .340 system which is all the system only sbf would give you.

basically, you're still running rubix 1.9.0 with a .320 base, not a .340 base. i wouldnt be surprised if you still have that madden app tho, since that would be in /system in the sbf but transfered to data when installed (unless moto tried to lock it into system)

Last edited:

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry to break it to ya, but you just went in a circle. there's no difference between what you had to start and what you have now at the end. you used a system only sbf, meaning the bootloader didnt change, and then you replaced everything you had in the system with rubix 1.9.0 leak, which is what you had at start. 1.9.0 leak is based off of the .320 leak. When you reinstalled it, you reinstalled the components from .320 leak that come with it, and entirely replaced the .340 system which is all the system only sbf would give you.

basically, you're still running rubix 1.9.0 with a .320 base, not a .340 base. i wouldnt be surprised if you still have that madden app tho, since that would be in /system in the sbf but transfered to data when installed (unless moto tried to lock it into system)

The changes between 320 and 340 are so minimal, they're probably just because of later compile dates. I can honestly say I think the only difference is madden.

Will I change my rom to a "340 base"? sure. Do I think its necessary? Not at all.

P3 even told me, the changes are very minimal, if any at all. The only reason the kernel is different is because it was compiled later. Guarantee it.

mcp770

Reaction score
P3 even told me, the changes are very minimal, if any at all. The only reason the kernel is different is because it was compiled later. Guarantee it.

Man, am I glad to hear that! I was all over the tbh .340 leak to get my phone up to speed and even ran TranQ for a couple days and the newest today. When I cam across Drod saying Rubix would work I IMMEDIATELY reinstalled Rubix over the 340 system only and Juice green goodness and my phone is twice as fast as TranQ...no offense to those that like it by any means its a great rom. For some reason though Rubix makes my phone fast and with all the perfect features I miss with any other rom.

OP
digitalslacker
Reaction score

ahh
well crap, i guess i didn't need to stay up until midnight :D

still learning all this, thanks for the clarification.

EDIT: but i edited my build prop so I totally feel like I have .340

Last edited:

Happystranger

Reaction score
Still, I would personally wait until Drod released a rubiX with the new build. Even if the changes are minimal, one can never be too sure.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Still, I would personally wait until Drod released a rubiX with the new build. Even if the changes are minimal, one can never be too sure.

Loading 320 version for now is fine. I won't be releasing an update for ~2-3 weeks, unfortunately, due to school and Christmas.