RSD Lite doesn't register connection

Reaction score
WHY?! I have RSD4.9, 4.9 drivers, I have un installed both numerous times, cleaned my registries, rebooted, I'm in PC mode, USB debug, omap drivers are loaded, I even get a connection sound when hooked up to bootloader, waiting ten + minutes, and still it won't identify my D2G. I can't experiment until this is resolved. I'm jonesin' man. I will suck your d2gk... Please....please...well no one help the widows son?

TwoBuells

Reaction score
WHY?! I have RSD4.9, 4.9 drivers, I have un installed both numerous times, cleaned my registries, rebooted, I'm in PC mode, USB debug, omap drivers are loaded, I even get a connection sound when hooked up to bootloader, waiting ten + minutes, and still it won't identify my D2G. I can't experiment until this is resolved. I'm jonesin' man. I will suck your d2gk... Please....please...well no one help the widows son?

try this.
start RSD lite.
than with phone off, plug in to USB cable and check RSD lite sees your phone.

the first time that I Flashed the SBF file to my D2G it did NOT show my phone in the window, but I had a successful flash. I had to SBF flash my phone three times from playing around with different roms.....

OP
toysturnaseraphim
Reaction score
Thank you, Two Buells, but unfortunately that didn't work for me. I don't get it. In recovery the phone says it is ok to program and that it's in USB transfer mode, but RSD refuses to recognize it. Hopefully this will get solved. Not having the ability to SBF is worse than coal in my stocking...

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Thank you, Two Buells, but unfortunately that didn't work for me. I don't get it. In recovery the phone says it is ok to program and that it's in USB transfer mode, but RSD refuses to recognize it. Hopefully this will get solved. Not having the ability to SBF is worse than coal in my stocking...

search you tube on how to use RSD lite.

don't worry if you can not see your phone in the RSD program

before you plug in your phone, if it is stuck (soft bricked)
pull battery to turn it off, replace battery
press power and x on keyboard
press search button
boot into recovery, wide data, factory reset
boot phone, should boot into bootloader mode then start RSD and plug phone into USB

if your phone is not stuck
start RSD
plug in phone while off. wait for beep
click the two little dots and find SBF file in folder where its stored
click start
wait till phone reboots and you get success notification

jcl197

Reaction score
What OS are u running, XP? Vista? Win7? 64 or 32 bit?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Reboot while holding the up button on your keyboard and it will boot into the bootloader.

Also, do you have the usb drivers installed on your computer?

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
toysturnaseraphim
Reaction score
I've SBF'd a number of times already, but a couple days ago RSD lite began refusing to acknowledge a connection. I've boot loaded used the mag glass to get to stock recovery, wiped, reset. I have USB composite device, USB modem #2, USB networking driver #2, MTP device, Mot Composite ADB interface, USB mass storage, A956 USB device, and OMAP flash. My phone days it ok to program...but RSD wants to be a jerk about it.Having a D2G stock with no RSD is like owning a Cadillac while you're too poor for insurance...

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Try this, I only have notebook computers and when I’m using more than one usb port my droid seems to stop working, just like its not plugged in. Try just using one usb port, unplug everything else, printer, mouse, extra drive, etc. Sounds goofy but it could just be something like that stopping you.

OP
toysturnaseraphim
Reaction score
Didn't do it for me T.B. I'm gonna go sacrifice a small furry woodland creature while begging Loki to quit messing with me...or maybe it's a gremlin. Anybody remember how to deal with gremlins?

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Didn't do it for me T.B. I'm gonna go sacrifice a small furry woodland creature while begging Loki to quit messing with me...or maybe it's a gremlin. Anybody remember how to deal with gremlins?

one last thing, restore you computer to an earlier date, like a month ago

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried running it as an administrator?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
toysturnaseraphim
Reaction score
I'm the only person on my laptop, DJ, so I always have admin rights. TB, that's a fabulous idea. One I probably would have thought of if only once in the last three years it would have occurred to me to make one. I tried tol restore to one of the auto points it created, but unfortunately it creates one every install/uninstall. So with the number of times I tried installing and uninstalling RSD and the drivers that took me all the way back to yesterday. I'm screwed...thanks though.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Don't use rsd lite then or roll back to 4.8. I stopped using rsd lite after these frustrations and started flashing with ubuntu. Never had a problem again. Ubuntu+sbf=win everytime. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
What? It has nothing to do with how many people do or don't use your computer or who owns it. You do it on the settings so it can detect your device if it's not otherwise

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App