Help! RSD Lite issue and phone is bricked

prowler85

Reaction score
Have been rooted for long time, and recently was trying to go to GB. After last update.zip, phone goes straight to bootloader. So I read up and tried to re-load using RSD Lite. Problem is, it sees my phone, and I load the SBF file, but start button is greyed out and I can not run.

Bootloader says 30.01, and I know 30.04 is the latest, but don't know if that's the problem, and if it is how do I update? I am running RSD 4.9, and just re-ran the latest Motorola drivers install.

Please help!!!

leonozug

Reaction score
I think the problem may be the fact your bootloader is not on 30.40...I'm pretty sure you need that version to even use the newer Froyo builds, like Rubix, let alone Gingerbread. Don't quote me on it though man. Here's some links that may be able to help you out though.

[video=youtube;c58XaWnr6XE]http://youtu.be/c58XaWnr6XE]YouTube - How To SBF Droid X to full 2.3.340 OS 2.2 Now linked for Droid 2[/video]

Droid X SBF

OP
prowler85

prowler85

Reaction score
I appreciate the responses! Luckily, I was reading more threads while waiting, and someone had the exact same problem. Anyway, someone else suggested moving the sbf file to a new directory (I know, sounds stupid), so I tried it and it worked. Sbf installed fine and I'm back up. So 30.01 want the problem.

leonozug

Reaction score
Glad it working out for ya man. Sorry I wasn't sure of the answer though. lol
You may want to update the bootloader to 30.40 though. It's one of the links I sent you.