1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooting problem

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Hacks' started by Oaklands, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Oaklands

Oaklands New Member

I got the razr today and decided to root tonight. I ran the Peter Souza version first, the one with the one click root excecutable. It ran the first step, did the first reboot and then would not go any further.

I the downloaded the Doomlord version with the runme.bat. It will also not do anything.

The problem I am having now is I do not get a USB connection option when connecting to my pc. It is probably stuck in the charge only mode. I tried doing a factory reset but that also did not work.

Anyone got any ideas on where I should go from here. First time I have had problems rooting one of my android devices. Appreciate any help you can offer.
  2. Oaklands

Oaklands New Member

Finally got it figured out. It was the cable I was using. I took the one off my charger and everything went fine after that. Just wanted to post a follow-up in case someone else had this problem. The cable I was using worked fine on my original droid but not on the razr.
  3. MonkeyMouth

MonkeyMouth New Member

Scary that within 1 day you could soft brick your phone, isn't it. Glad everything worked out.
Search tags for this page

any problems with oneclickroot for droid razr

cannot root droid razer trouble shooting

rooting motorola droid problems