Rooting problem

Oaklands

Reaction score
I got the razr today and decided to root tonight. I ran the Peter Souza version first, the one with the one click root excecutable. It ran the first step, did the first reboot and then would not go any further.

I the downloaded the Doomlord version with the runme.bat. It will also not do anything.

The problem I am having now is I do not get a USB connection option when connecting to my pc. It is probably stuck in the charge only mode. I tried doing a factory reset but that also did not work.

Anyone got any ideas on where I should go from here. First time I have had problems rooting one of my android devices. Appreciate any help you can offer.

OP
O

Oaklands

Reaction score
Finally got it figured out. It was the cable I was using. I took the one off my charger and everything went fine after that. Just wanted to post a follow-up in case someone else had this problem. The cable I was using worked fine on my original droid but not on the razr.

MonkeyMouth

Reaction score
Scary that within 1 day you could soft brick your phone, isn't it. Glad everything worked out.