Rooting a Verizon Droid

OP
NetNathan

NetNathan

Reaction score
There is one thing in Froyo that I'd really like, true Bluetooth headset function,where you can initiate a call via Bluetooth headset as well as answer.

That will be a nice option. It is a pain driving when you have to pick up your Droid to make a call.....so you can then talk over Bluetooth.
........someone must have a kernel for that...

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Yes, the bluetooth stuff will be very welcome by me as well. As far as a kernel out there for it, none of the devs have bothered with it. Just the actual google/android devs.

As for the update, for 2.1 if you had SPRecovery, you would go ahead and accept the update and then it would fail the install. With Rom Manager/CMRecovery, for some reason you just didn't get it at all. I'm going to assume that it might have been due to RM and stuff being built from the 2.1 ASOP source, so the phone already figured it was on 2.1/ESE81. Who knows how it's going to play out with 2.2. I am pretty sure though that the source for 2.2 will be put on the git/ASOP servers and then cyanogen/koush will get to it and the rest will be history. . .