Rooted tbolt trying to install something and stuck at Recovery...can't get it to inst

nateccnn

Reaction score
I gave my tbolt to my girlfriend when I got the Galaxy Nexus last week. It is rooted but running a stock gingerbread rom. A couple days ago she called me to tell me the phone was stuck at the droid with exclamation point screen. When I got my hands on the phone I could not get it to boot. I chose Reboot from the recovery screen and it would get to the home launcher screen and then reboot to recovery on its own. I noticed when it rebooted it was attempting an install but have no idea what. it would show about 3/4 progress bar and then go right bacxk to the recovery screen. I chose reboot phone and it would go to Launcher sreen and then reboot into recovery again.

I finally decided to chose wipe data and then reboot and it finally booted into Home Launcher Screen where I was able to re-enter the google acount info andf the phone stay booted up until this morning when it all started again.

I'm wondering if Verizon is trying to push an update to her phone. I already received the OTA GB update and rooted after that. It's posible her kids did something that caused this but they are not real tech savy so it would have been accidental. I just can't imagine what they may have done to get it to this state.

She is on her way home from Cali and I have about three hours before I can put my hands on it again. I am thinking I will just use ADB and put it back to stock and leave it at that. She really doesn't need root. She doesn't even understand what root is. We pay for unlimited tether and data. Its running a stock rom. I just can't think of a reason to keep it rooted.

But before I unroot it I thought I would seek advice here. What is the phone trying to install? I could not find any zip files on the root directory (searched for file to install through recovery). Maybe I plug the phone into the computer and search that way, but what am I looking for?

BTW...it is using CWM Recovery and I have ROM Manager paid app.

Advice?

Nate

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
OK...so after searching and reading some more n androidforumns it seems that Verizon if force pushing an update to 605.9. Lots of people with root are experiencing the same thing I described above. Update won't install. If you wipe cache it will boot up but a few days later it trys to download and install the update again. I can't find any official news on this issue and no posts on how to permanently block the update. This is frustrating to see nothing in the News section of the forums. It's like this update completely missed the radars of the devs or I am just nbot good at searching the forums.

Anyone know how to block it? I would rather block it than un-root her phone.

Nate