Rooted Phone

Godfather

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I keep seeing the debate about unrooting phones when 2.1 comes out. What exactly is a rooted phone and overclocking? Overclocking to me means you would run your processor faster than factory default...thats just me though. Can you give me the advantages and disadvanatages of rooting your phone? Also, If I were interseted, any good links on how to root my phone. Thanks guys/ gals for anything you can share with me.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
hey and welcome to the forums. yes there are some good rooting tutorials have a look at the hacks thread here Droid Hacks - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum this should give your what you need to get started. overclocking means pushing your CPU over the set default by Motorola. well for one thing you can do things you could normally not do like installing a custom ROM such as bugless beast or sholes. essentially rooting is giving your self admin powers like in windows. fell free to ask questions and look around.

OP
Godfather

Godfather

Reaction score
Man....I'm almost sorry I asked. I started reading all that stuff, all the acronyms and other stuff...wow. I guess if I didn't understand 90% of what was said I don't need to root my phone, minus the fact of voiding my warranty...the ol lady would kill me doing something to my phone that I don't even fully comprehend. Thanks for the links though guys...appreciate it. Also, I'm really not new to the forum, just new to posting. I've been reading it for quite a while, but thanks for the welcome anyway......Choad out!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Bump........

pntr2001

Reaction score
I'm with Godfather, I didn't understand what all that was telling me. I'm not the brightes techie thats for sure. Going to read again and see if some of it sinks in