overclock question

lucky43113

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
lg l40g
i have a rooted lg l40 g 800mhz processor stock rom what is the overclock limits on the phone i mean how far can i over clock it with out damaging it

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There's no real standard, so to say, of how far a phone can be pushed. Alot of times if you've pushed the limits of the phone it could end multiple ways; crashing, constant restarts, overheating, or even complete hardware failure.

I've overclocked devices in the past and a device that runs stock at 800mhz, I personally wouldn't go over 1200mhz, and even 1200mhz might be pushing it. I'd say if you're looking for a noticeable improvement without going overboard, 1000mhz would be a good number.

When I had my Droid Incredible, rated at 1ghz stock, I overclocked it to 1.2ghz. Noticeable difference, but not so much of a boost to drain the battery really worse than how bad it was already.

OP
L

lucky43113

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
lg l40g
what a good app to use to overclock it

OP
L

lucky43113

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
lg l40g
do u know of any custom roms that will work with the lg l40 g and if i find one can i go back to stock if i want

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm not familiar with your specific device. Take a look over at XDA forums, I'm sure there's a good amount of ROMs available for your phone over there.

And yes you'll be able to return back to stock if you want.

P

promo87

i have a rooted lg l40 g 800mhz processor stock rom what is the overclock limits on the phone i mean how far can i over clock it with out damaging it

Well, I don't think that there's anyone who can help you with telling the limits of over clocking ! well what you can do is get a overclocking application from the PlayStore I am sure there are a number of them available like Tegrak overclock, overclocking, setcpu which can help you in knowing the overclocking limits ! But tell you what I am not going to recommend it as sometime it could ran you onto problems like it may damage the ecosystem of your device i.e.your device may result in over heating problem, which can ultimately fired up your device board.

OP
L

lucky43113

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
lg l40g
ok is there any advantage of a custom rom?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Depends on what your reasons are for rooting and using a custom ROM.

Alot of ROMs have certain customizations that may have helpful features added, such as a power menu or the addition of a settings/menu button on the soft keys. Sometimes ROMs work best behind the scenes by providing a smoother experience or better battery life with the help of a custom kernel.

OP
L

lucky43113

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
lg l40g
i just have lag sometimes when trying to open contact list or playing some games trying to speed it up a little

P

promo87

Yes, there are advantage as well as disadvantages of custom ROMs.

Advantages:
  • Updated versions:When it comes to update I am sure most of the users keep on crying because either their vendor has abandoned them or they are still undergoing customising the ROM according to...... So custom ROM allows you to enjoy the latest version of Android, i.e. it can make your old device new.
  • Custom ROMs are filled with features: Custom ROMs offered some of the surprises which is removed by vendors because of some , there are bunch of ROMs which offer great custom ROMs.
  • Personalization: There are a number of features which can be customized to suite your taste, working your way out with the custom themes can really give your device a cool new look.
  • Improve performance: Custom ROMs allow, you to take down all the unnecessary apps which was forced over the stock ROMs. Thus it results in increasing the speed of processing and yes battery life to.
  • Install Apps on SD card: Gives you the power to install application over the SD card. I am sure most of the stock ROMs from vendors still don't support such functionality.
  • Better signal and quality: Custom ROMs can help you with improving your baseband which results in increasing signal and voice quality over your device.
Disadvantages:
  • Bricking: It is one of the major disadvantages associated with it, and this is the main reason people hesitate before rooting their device.
  • Loss of all Data: Install a new custom ROM, will clean up your system and if you didn't backup your data then it may results in loss of data.
  • Risk Factor: The trust you have on the developers may cause a potential risk to your privacy in future.
  • Reboot: If the rooting is not successfully done, then device may enter in an infinite loop of booting.