Rooted incredible not booting into recovery

DROID11

Reaction score
I had rooted my original incredible and since given it to my girlfriend. It is running cyanogenmod 7 rc2 baseband # 2.15.00.11.19 and incredikernel 9. It will not boot into recovery at all. it worked fine before I gave it to her but I was running cm rc1 and had her download the rc2 using rom manager. What could have gone wrong or how can this be fixed?

Sent from the best phone available aka the HTC Thunderbolt

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go into ROM Manager and select Flash ClockworkMod Recovery then try going into recovery again. See if that will add/update your recovery.

Len.

Reaction score
So I'm having a very similar issue. I jus rooted my Incredible, haven't even installed any ROMS yet. I was attempting to get to HBOOT so I could back up the phone, but it won't start up that way. It did it fine before I rooted, but now it won't at all.

What happens is, I power down the phone, wait, hold the volume button and power button, and then...nothing. Instead of the HBOOT screen, my phone vibrates three times in short succession and my LED light flashes green at me. The screen remains black, and then I can't turn the phone on at all. I ended up having to take the battery out and putting it back in before the phone turns on again, and then it jus comes on normally and nothing seems to be wrong with it.

I've done a bunch of looking but I'm still not sure what's happening. Any ideas?

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
Go into ROM Manager and select Flash ClockworkMod Recovery then try going into recovery again. See if that will add/update your recovery.

This worked, I got into recovery and wiped delvik cache and cache partition. after that I tried to reboot it and it just stayed at the CM7 screen with the little skateboard android and the arrow going around in a circle, but wouldn't go past that. I popped the battery and tried again with no luck. Hopefully it is working now though, as we both have since left for work.

Sent from the best phone available aka the HTC Thunderbolt