Flashed HeyItsLou#9, Now Wont Boot

brando56894

Reaction score
I just got my Incredible a week ago and had it rooted using the latest version of Unrevoked. I had it flashed with Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3 and everything was going perfectly..... until a few minutes ago when I tried to flash HeyItsLou #9.

When the device rebooted it vibrates 5 times and has a flashing green light, I can only get to HBoot with S-on and ClockworkMod v2.5 but it wont access the internal memory or sdcard. I've read around that this is indicative of a hardware failure, but was wondering if someone else has any idea about this.

When I plug it into my computer running windows 7 x64 it asks for the Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM driver which I can't seem to find one that will work.

I have about a years experience with rooting the original droid so I'm well versed in disaster recovery and I'm a big linux/pc geek so throw what ever ideas you have at me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you have a NANDROID backup just restore. Chances are since your here I doubt you have one.

Reaction score
Try turning it off, taking the card out and cleaning the contacts with an alcohol swab and replace and turn on. Sometimes the contacts become dirty.

OP
B

brando56894

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion but that won't work. I've read around for hours and other people have had the same problem and its something to do with the phone randomly going into some sort of Qualcomm programming mode which (seemingly) disables the sdcard.

It is S-On but when you select recovery from HBoot ClockworkMod 2.5 shows up, is there anyway to remove it and get the stock recovery back?

Reaction score
Try holding volume up and power simultaneously. Should allow you to reboot.

If it doesnt pull the battery and then use volume down and power to boot into recovery and restore from there.

Last edited:
OP
B

brando56894

Reaction score
vol + and power gives me three pulses

hboot only allows access to clockwork when the USB is plugged in, but I can't access the sdcard so I (obviously) can't restore a backup. HBoot is S-On anyway so I don't think doing a restore would work anyway.