Rooted Droid 1, Cyanogenmod7 Rom, remove verizon notifier?

Eglaspey

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to the forum, and newly rooted. I got myself up and going with a really nice rom earlier today from CyanogenMod 7. I love it so far. I am curious if I can rid myself of the activation notification upon reboot, and the header on the top of my notifications screen. Any help would be appreciated!

OP
E

Eglaspey

Reaction score
I am past the activation screen, just to clarify. I am hoping to rid myself of the notice everytime I shut off my phone. I use it on wi-fi with VIBER and tons of other cool stuff. Thanks in advance.

Droid 1, rooted, Gingerbread...

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I haven't ran my phone like this, but if I don't install the gapps, I don't get the activation screen. Which means no market or Gmail. There shouldn't be any account set in the phone, so I don't know how all the other apps will work. I plan on going this route when I retire my D1 and pass it in to the kids.

As far as apps, since you wont have a market to reinstall them, you can go to data/app or system/app and copy those to the sd and install later.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

OP
E

Eglaspey

Reaction score
I haven't ran my phone like this, but if I don't install the gapps, I don't get the activation screen. Which means no market or Gmail. There shouldn't be any account set in the phone, so I don't know how all the other apps will work. I plan on going this route when I retire my D1 and pass it in to the kids.

As far as apps, since you wont have a market to reinstall them, you can go to data/app or system/app and copy those to the sd and install later.

I do appreciate your idea(s) and have considered that approach. I could only move a few of my apps to the SD, maybe I will search other programs to help with that in and of itself. If I move enough of what I would normally get from the market, I will be a happy camper. Again, thanks!

I suppose I was hopeful someone had made something to remove them, fingers still crossed!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
I could only move a few of my apps to the SD, maybe I will search other programs to help with that in and of itself.

I use root explorer but it can be done with Astro file explorer. I go to data/app and system/app and copy and paste them to a file called Apps I made on my sd. Its not the same as moving the to the sd in applications/manage applications.

OP
E

Eglaspey

Reaction score
I will give it a shot! Then I should be able to uninstall gapps presumably. Awesome, I'll let you know.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
I will give it a shot! Then I should be able to uninstall gapps presumably. Awesome, I'll let you know.

Don't think it will as easy as just uninstalling the gapps. You may have to go into recovery, wipe everything then just install cyanogen. Like you did to install a new rom. Minus the gapps.