Rooted bionic

Llawen

Reaction score
I had someone else root my bionic, I do not know the method used. I wanted to apply forever root for ota updates. When I go to system updates, the screen is completely white with no text. Is this normal? I cant get to updates anyway.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Concistency

Reaction score
What system version are you on? If on .893 released root will allow you to do this, which will apply 4ever root.

Sent from my BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
Llawen

Llawen

Reaction score
Ok thanks. But is it normal for the system updates page to be completely white with no text? It is gone. So I can't get to updates.

Concistency

Reaction score
Ok thanks. But is it normal for the system updates page to be completely white with no text? It is gone. So I can't get to updates.

Its not normal but if you are completely stock then it will fix the problem.

Sent from my BIONIC using Tapatalk

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had someone else root my bionic, I do not know the method used. I wanted to apply forever root for ota updates. When I go to system updates, the screen is completely white with no text. Is this normal? I cant get to updates anyway.

Forever root manual method:

Open an app such as Root Explorer from the market
Navigate to the system/bin/mount_ext3.sh
At the top of the screen press the Mount R/W button
Long press mount_ext3.sh
Select copy
Navigate to sdcard-ext
Press paste (this will put a clean copy of this file on your sdcard in case things go badly)
Navigate back to system/bin/mount_ext3.sh
Long press mount_ext3.sh
Select Open in Text Editor
Scroll to the bottom of the file
Press the the return key on the keyboard to put a empty line
type the following:

chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

(note: there is a single space between chmod and 4755 and there is a single space between the 5 and the /.)

Press save
Press the Mount R/O button at the top of the page
Navigate to the mount_ext3.sh file and long press it and select “view as text” in order to confirm the new lines are present in the file.
Exit and reboot.

OP
Llawen

Llawen

Reaction score
Is it a must to be at fully stock before applying forever root? Also, eclipse has it in the rom. When I check the text is written in, when I flashed a blurred based rom it is gone.

7779311mm

Reaction score
Mot ADB Interface - DROID BIONIC, ICS - Win7 x64

Hi Can someone help me with this. I am having issues rooting my droid bionic, OS is ICS. Could you offer me some advice?

I've download and installed at riquired files, installed drivers... It took me 2 days to figure out how to install the Mot ADB Interface; however. But even after finally getting that booger installed, the one click script still cannot access my phone to root it.