Rooted battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeJayTM

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the right direction to get better battery life? I am rooted running khaos v 37 and I feel like i get worse battery life.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

evltwn72

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the right direction to get better battery life? I am rooted running khaos v 37 and I feel like i get worse battery life.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If you have SetCPU, set your scalling to performance instead of ondemand. Your battery will work better going a the same speed all the time instead of have to work to speed the CPU up when in use and down when sleeping. Less of a demand from the CPU on the battery. I have both my Eris and Droid set this way and it has helped.

sjcfraser

Reaction score
Hi I am very new to this droid thing. Came from bb storm. My battery life is horrible! I have a samsung facinate. I took it back to the store last week after only having it 5 days because of the poor battery life. After looking at my usage they determined it was a faulty battery and kindly gave me a new battery and said to give it a week. Needless to say battery still exhausted by 3 on the afternoon with little use. What is rooted that I keep reading about and how do I change the settings mentioned above dealing with ondemand vs. performance? Help! Please! I think I want my storm back

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You root your phone to gain administrator access and then you install an app from the market called SetCPU. I don't know how well it works with the fascinate, however.

You should be able to buy an extended battery for around $50, but that's probably more than you want to pay for a new phone. Have you updated your PRL? *228 option 2. Try doing that.

Also, what do you consider to be little use?

evltwn72

Reaction score
Hi I am very new to this droid thing. Came from bb storm. My battery life is horrible! I have a samsung facinate. I took it back to the store last week after only having it 5 days because of the poor battery life. After looking at my usage they determined it was a faulty battery and kindly gave me a new battery and said to give it a week. Needless to say battery still exhausted by 3 on the afternoon with little use. What is rooted that I keep reading about and how do I change the settings mentioned above dealing with ondemand vs. performance? Help! Please! I think I want my storm back

Click on the Droid Selector at the top of the screen and select the Samsung Fascinate. The 1st post is about how to root your phone. Rooting is giving yourself the ability to unlock the phone truly make it yours. You can load different ROMs on it and really give your phone it's own unique look.

sjcfraser

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I think this phone may be out of my league, I can't even seem to find the droid selector......I will let keep searching....

sjcfraser

Reaction score
And I can't *228 because I am out of network...

evltwn72

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I think this phone may be out of my league, I can't even seem to find the droid selector......I will let keep searching....

ok here you go...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...ent/79811-newbie-guide-rooting-fascinate.html

and another one for you...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...safely-remove-bloatware-integrate-google.html

you really need to read everything carefully and understand what you are about to do before doing it. Or you might just want to get an i*hone. Those phones are laid out for you. there's no thinking involved with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.