Root problems

Flowguy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Flowguy here. I'm having a few troubles with my rooted phone. Or should I say unrooted phone. I've been rooted for a few months now although suddenly my phone can't tell. Some of my apps say I'm not rooted such as the wireless tether, but I have SU still and I don't have a custom ROM on. I'm using a Droid 1 and running 2.2.2. If anyone could help me it would be much appriceiated.

dasanman69

Reaction score
Well first things first. Get root checker from the market and run it. It'll tell you if you have root or not. What apps aren't seeing it?

OP
F

Flowguy

Reaction score
The root checker says I'm not rooted. But I continue to have the SU app. Both rom manager and wireless tether are saying I'm not rooted.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Download Rom Manager and load it. Scroll down a bit and click on the option "Fix Permissions"... should do it?! :)

OP
F

Flowguy

Reaction score
I just attempted as you said zerosouls but it said "error occured while attempting to run privliged commands"

OP
F

Flowguy

Reaction score
Yes I have been rooted for several month and have used wireless tether before. I have the superuser app.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Somehow your not rooted? Try backing up your current ROM and wiping cache and data and load a new one. I know it's a lot to do, but it's all I can suggest.

What ROM are you using currently? Give as much information as possible; your not getting a lot of response cuz you are not giving a lot of information on what your phone is running.

OP
F

Flowguy

Reaction score
I'm running stock, I used to run cyanogen mod but switched back to stock because of to many bugs. I tried switching back after these problems start and ROM manager says the same error message as before.

dasanman69

Reaction score
The root checker says I'm not rooted. But I continue to have the SU app. Both rom manager and wireless tether are saying I'm not rooted.

You somehow lost root? Did you get an update recently? Having the superuser app means nothing.

OP
F

Flowguy

Reaction score
I might have gotten the update I'm not sure. what was the update?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just follow link 3 in my sig and you'll be rooted again without issue, no need to wipe.