root and keep sense

talkdj

Reaction score
I just got the Incredible and want to root the phone but keep the sense stuff on it. I actually like the sense but want to add programs like I had on the droid like titanium back up, wireless tether etc. These are rooted programs.

Can I root with unrevoked and still keep the orig incredible software?

Thanks!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Rooting is just giving yourself administrative permissions so you wont lose the sense ui. The only thing that would get rid of them would be flashing roms that are vanilla, but i'm not too familiar with the roms for your phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Just don't flash any ROMs. Although, SkyRaider is a GREAT Sense ROM that keeps all the features the original has, with a few new ones.

But, Spaz33g is right. Unless you're flashing ROMs without sense themed in them, you're all set. You don't even need to flash a ROM to get those rooted apps.

QuickSilver98

Reaction score
I also like sense and have been going between SkyRaider and Redemptive Revolution both of which work great and keep Sense.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Marco Montana

Reaction score
I just got the Incredible and want to root the phone but keep the sense stuff on it. I actually like the sense but want to add programs like I had on the droid like titanium back up, wireless tether etc. These are rooted programs.

Can I root with unrevoked and still keep the orig incredible software?

Thanks!

Im rooted and kept stock sense i love it... its just perfect i used titanium backup to freeze the annoying tweet , city Id etc. courtesy of Enlightened. Also I use droid wall and Wifi tether I just like the way it is with permission to do as i wish.

Marco Montana

Reaction score
I also like sense and have been going between SkyRaider and Redemptive Revolution both of which work great and keep Sense.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Yea, i loaded a couple ROMs but, ehhhh.... I like reverse engineering better take whats working and remove what you dont want rather than start fresh and place everything you want.

I likejust freezing the apps i hate and having everything I like, i think roms for the elite that like personal boot screens and **** that i could care less about!