[ROM] x911 for Droid X

jloya

Reaction score
for the OP, here is an idea for your ROM that I have yet to see anyone use or implement into a ROM, im sure many would enjoy such a feature

I dont know if these is possible in a future Rubix ROM but i figured I would mention it

Is it possible that when you are at the home screen the clock in the notification bar disappears , once you have opened an application like a webpage or when you are on a call (and you cant easily revert to the home screen) the clock reappears in the notification bar for easy reference

OP
J

jlabarr

Reaction score
bump, making progress here. Didn't have much time but I put together a concept video for the boot animation. It's on the site I posted previously. Like I said it's very crude, but the idea is there. Hopefully this weekend this is done and coding begins.

dvader

Reaction score
so instead of telling people to piss off. why not take the constructive criticism for what it is.
you asked for it in your post
I figured I would invite everyone to add some input
and then you tell people don't use it if you don't like it. That's asinine IMO.
If you don't like the name then sorry, I suggest that you don't participate, and keep your comments to yourself.

change the name to something more palatable and move on.
from the sounds of it, you don't have anything done yet anyway. so why shoot your self in the foot before you even get out of the starting gate?

bcals0087

Reaction score
"input" does not include insults. There is a fine line between constructive critism and flat out insults that some have difficulty with. I find this to be a common issue with some on this forum...any forum for that matter. If you read the 2nd post, it is clearly a sarcastic remark, that would quite frankly piss anyone off if it were said to them. And the response in the 8th post, clearly received a much better response from jlabarr. Go about things in a friendly manner, it's a community, we're all supposed to be here to help each other. There's no reason to be sarcastic or insulting. Unless that's how you like to be spoken to, which I presume it isn't, treat others the way you want to be treated. Just some thoughts of mine which might clear up why jlabarr was turned off to the idea of changing the name to his rom.

I think enough is enough, and let this thread return to it's original purpose.

BdROIDX99

Reaction score
When you take time to create something the last thing you want is someone slamming it. Especially a complete stranger that just gets on forums to talk smack. When I saw this thread I thought of 9-1-1 not 9/11. And being an EMT/firefighter I know that its nearly impossible to know everyone's address and phone number. Computers only show so much and those people on the line do an amazing job. When youre done with your Rom ill be more than happy to give it a shot and give constructive criticism. Because that is what these forums are for. Not to be a tough buy hiding behind a keyboard.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you don't like the name then sorry, I suggest that you don't participate, and keep your comments to yourself.

Wow relax. I was just giving you the most basic form of help with your ROM, the name. Just saying x911 may not be the best name for gathering peoples support. For example I wouldn't release a ROM named "Diarrhea 2.0" because people won't try it out. Don't be snappy with me dude.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

Wow relax. I was just giving you the most basic form of help with your ROM, the name. Just saying x911 may not be the best name for gathering peoples support. For example I wouldn't release a ROM named "Diarrhea 2.0" because people won't try it out. Don't be snappy with me dude.

I'd name a ROM "diarrhea." Cause that would make it the $#!+.

I think he will be fine no matter what he decides to name it. People like trying new things out no matter what.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Very true. I was just giving my input and didn't expect to be told not to. Code it up and well see what happens to it... good luck bro.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Very true. I was just giving my input and didn't expect to be told not to. Code it up and well see what happens to it... good luck bro.

Well I'm not jumping your case. Opinion's and feedback is what these forums are about. So hope you didn't take that wrong.

And I'm an artist, so trust me when I say the wheels would be turning if I could put together a ROM:)

But this thread has only been up for 2 days and he's gotten over 1,200 views. So I think even with the name he's getting some looks.

JMO:)

crankshot89

Reaction score
i seriously hope you can create something great. just like you i feel the other ROMs out right now have yet to be anything (in my opinion) worthwhile.

and the name x911 is great. i think of a porsche or something quick/flashy when i hear that.... not something ridiculous like september 11th (unlike some other thick skulls in this thread)

cheers man and heres hoping to seeing some good results

OP
J

jlabarr

Reaction score
Bump added concept video for boot animation. View it here. It's very crude, but an idea in the direction im headed, this was an idea from someone that was following the rom development. Letters will be fixed with some added glimmer, and cleaned up, hopefully done today with that part. Rom is starting to come along. Will keep everyone interested updated, thanks. Videos - [ROM] x911 droid x boot animation v0.1